37 Year Old Mom of 2 in Marietta, GA

After many, many months of browsing this site and...

After many, many months of browsing this site and reading literally hundreds of reviews, I've decided to have Coolsculpting on my stomach and inner thighs. I am almost 38 years old, have 2 elementary school aged children, and cannot get rid of this pooch on my stomach, no matter what I do! I walk 1-2 miles every morning, eat well, and am very active, but I am stuck with this body! I hope that my posts can help someone else out there who is thinking of having Coolsculpting done and will update the site with my progress. My consultation is June 10th at Ideal Image in Alpharetta.

Coolsculpting Lower Abs

Today is the day! I'm about 30 minutes into the procedure as I type this. I have one large suction head on my lower abs and am only getting this one area treated (for now) just to see how it goes. As many other reviewers have mentioned, the initial suctioning is the most painful part, but after 10 minutes or so you get used to it. I haven't really been able to get comfortable, but it doesn't really hurt - it feels like a heavy, cold block of ice is sitting on my stomach.

The technician is hopeful that my results will be good, since she was able to get a LOT of fat suctioned up into the machine. I am hoping that I don't experience the pain that others have mentioned occurring post-procedure! I will update this site as I see results.

37 Year-Old Mom of 2 - Trying to Get Rid of the Baby Pooch!

Thank you to all of the other reviewers out there who posted about their experiences, you all helped me so much on my journey toward a better body! I am 37 years old, have 2 elementary school-aged children, and I am desperate to build up my body confidence. I am currently 149 lbs and 5'5" tall. I would like to lose about 10 lbs but am finding it so much harder now that I'm approaching 40.

I decided to try CoolSculpting on my lower abdomen to get rid of (or at least decrease) the little baby pooch I still have from my second pregnancy. I have an athletic frame and have always carried extra weight around my hips and rear end, but never had a belly until after having my second child. The "spare tire" bothers me to no end! I eat pretty well and exercise daily, but to no avail. I am pretty wary of going under anesthesia in order to get a proper tummy tuck (and I don't feel like I'm big enough to warrant surgery - I'd rather just have the pooch) so I figured I'd give CoolSculpting a try. My procedure was on Monday, 2 days ago, and it went well. I had one area treated, my lower abdomen, with the large attachment. The first 5-10 minutes was BRUTAL, the machine sucked up so much of my stomach that it felt like my organs were being suctioned too! After a bit, I got used to the feeling and started to go numb. I've read other reviews where people have actually taken naps, but there was no way I was able to go to sleep with that big thing attached to me - it felt like a small iceberg sitting on my stomach. After 60 minutes the esthetician came in and removed the machine and then massaged the area. For me, this was the WORST part of the entire experience. I felt very clammy and hot and almost vomited and passed out. But I made it through and after a few minutes I calmed down and was able to drive home. I'm now 2 days out and am not experiencing any internal pain yet, as I've read others start to feel around days 4-7 or so. What I am experiencing is pain when anything bumps into my stomach, so hugs from the kids, leaning over the counter to wash dishes, etc, really, really hurt. That's been pretty easy to deal with though and I can tell that, even though my skin is very sore and tender to the touch, my insides are still numb. I'm already dreading what's coming my way when the nerve endings wake up and the pins and needles start - I'm hoping that it goes by quickly!

7 Days Post CoolSculpting

I completed my CoolSculpting procedure one week ago today and so far the pain has been tolerable. At 4 days post-procedure I starting having slight abdominal cramping (this is in addition to the numbness and itching, which I'm still dealing with but it hasn't been too bad) and it's steadily gotten more intense, but nothing that I can't handle. I have found that in the evening the cramping intensifies, but an ice pack and 600mg of ibuprofen help considerably. That being said, I have a pretty high threshold for pain so I am not sure if my experience is the norm. Also, I have been drinking a lot of fluids, especially cranberry water, to flush out my system and I really think it helps.

I'm still swollen and look even larger than my before pictures right now - I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some results in the coming weeks and months.

Worth it!

It's been 6 weeks or so since my procedure and the results are definitely showing. I have to say it was all worth it :)
Gardener Dermatology and Med Spa

Jamie, my esthetician, has been great. The office is nice and comfortable. I will get other treatments here in the future (i.e. Botox). **Also, it's spelled *Gardner* and not Gardener as in my original headline. It won't let me edit that line.