This is It!!! It is Tummy Tuck Time...Allentown, PA

I am 46 years old, 5 feet 2, at a weight of 165. I...

I am 46 years old, 5 feet 2, at a weight of 165. I have 4 children; 28, 19, 13, and 7. For the longest time all I have done is wish I can afford a Tummy tuck and finally the date has been set for July 21st with Dr. Guarino in Allentown, PA. Long story short, this is my 3rd time scheduling simply because I scheduled 2 times before and my job made it difficult to take off, despite that I requested 2 weeks unpaid time off. So, I have decided to resign since I have found a part time job working from home which should allow me to search for my ideal job after I recover from my tummytuck. But for now I am saving and am still working till my date arrives.

This is what I look like now. I am aiming to lose 10 pounds before my surgery. Wish me luck girls, can't wait to be able to share my experience with you all. Till next time.

13 days more to go

Hello Ladies,

Today was preoperative day for me. It is beginning to hit me. Nerves, the runs, lack of sleep and headaches. I really need to learn to relax. But at least it is all paid for in full.

So far I have only lost 5 pounds, which I'm ok with since I've been working out. I feel better physically just not shedding these stubborn pounds. Can't wait till is over just to see what kind of results I'm getting.

I will post pics of my current situation the night before the surgery. Hopefully I can see some changes.

For those RS ladies who have undergone a sx lately, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Sending lots of well wishes to all! ?

Tomorrow is the Big day

I'm so nervous and anxious. I pray that it goes all well for me and that God guides my surgeon's hands. I've been so busy that I did not get to implement a liquid diet as I planned for at least two days prior to my surgery. I have to say that I love my husband and support system but he is the worst when it comes to consuming good healthy food. For example, I was always the type to eat no later that 7pm until I met him. He is the kind of person to eat until he sleeps and that is not the worst part. He eats ice cream, fried foods, salty foods and everything that is unhealthy. BUT since he is one of those people that is small regardless of what he eats it does not affect him the way it does to me. He will also feeds me every time he eats. I've gotten into arguments with him lately because he wants to take care of me and I really dont. I have to admit that he scares me especially that he never follows rules so I can only imagine. But once again I will have to put it in God's hands because I have no other choice. Besides based on what I read the worst days are the first 3 days so I will try to make soups and pack them to hAve my meats abail able instead of depending on him for everything. So enough of my whining.

I am posting pics of what I look like now and will definitely take pics after my surgery. I want thank you all for your stories but mainly for the ladies who reached out to me, shared suggestions and who are following me.

God bless you all! Till next time.

2 day post-op

Hello Girls,

I will keep this short because I just got out of the shower and I'm feeling exhausted and out of breath.

In my experience the worst thing for me is getting in and out of bed so I've been sleeping on the couch. I'm really trying to minimize taking the pain medicine because it makes me super itchy and super drowsy. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. Also I have noticed slight swelling on my legs, along with headaches.

Other than that I can't wait till I begin to feel normal. I have a 3 story house and since I got home yesterday all I've done is stay in my room. I have walked around but don't see how is helping me.

Today I took my first shower but once I removed my dressing it feels as if it's swelling and hot. Is this normal?

Till later girls, I feel as if I'm not making sense. I will keep you posted in a few days.

Ciao Bellas!

Drain removed on 6th day....

Thank you Jesus!!! Wow.... what a relief. After calling Dr. Guarino's office on Monday morning (on my 6th day) to provide my drain daily record, I was asked to come in that same evening. When Dr. Guarino saw me he said I was doing well, he liked my progress. He immediately removed my drain and I cannot believe how quickly I felt the difference. I can walk better. The drain tube was about a foot long. Unbelievable! Dr. Guarino began to discuss a few things and one of them was my diet. He was advising my Hubby the importance of staying away from foods that are high in sodium because they are the reasons to increase swelling. I told Dr. Guarino how my hubby was not complying with getting me the right foods to eat. Lol! I did have a melt down on Friday because of swelling of my legs and he immediately recommended to stay away from salty foods and to take off my garment when I laid on my bed and to wear it when I walked around. I did this for almost two days then resumed to wearing it 24/7. I did tell Dr. Guarino that my diet consisted mainly of the following;

Fruits, veggies, yougurt, salads, ginger drinks, free sugar jello, baked chicken, boiled eggs, green smoothies, coconut water, and of course on a few occasions I had rice and beans.

As of today I have not had to take any laxatives because my diet pretty much has taken care of that. Thank God! Despite that I'm only 8 days today I have lost 12 pounds and feel great. I have say that although is still and my scar is looking a little crusty, I am liking my results. Because my post op was late in the evening, I ran a few errands and get home till late around 9pm. I was happy.

Day 7: obviously I over did it and won't do this again. I woke up early as usual and cleaned my Kitchen because both my teenagers are boys 13 & 19 whom are disasters in the home, I swept, changed my bed sheets (mind you I have a 3 story house) and organized a few things and played a board game with my 7 year old. Before you know it, it was night time and my legs and hips were in pain. Ouch!!! I must of gone up and down the steps about 10 times.

Day 8: I'm still paying for it today, all I did was make breakfast for my baby, cleaned dishes, and laid down to rest.

I am posting a pic that I took right after eating breakfast (1/2 bagel, 2 eggs, and oj). Despite the discomfort, feels as if I worked out, I feel good.

Thank you ladies for all your support and I wish you all a speedy recovery.

Day 10 & 11

Hello Girls!!!!

Giving a quick update since everyone is different and every Doctor has their own strategy in working with its patients.

Day 10: Dr Guarino asked me to come in to remove my sutures. He recommended to begin the scar treatment by using a gel on my scar twice a day and using cocoa butter on the rest of my skin. He also recommend to get a Faja from a store near by which is the best thing so far. It Is not only comfortable but it helps your posture which by the way I am walking straight, it provides support for your back because it covers your entire back, and it has 3 rows to accommodate your progress as you loose inches. I love it so far!

Now what I found interesting is that it contains intelligent fabrics which contains a combination of botanical and marine extracts that are released when it becomes in contact with skin. It contains cosmacol EMI, seaweed, ginkgo biloba, and vitamin e. These ingredients are active up to 35 washes.

Today is day 11 and I woke up feeling fabulous. It's a blessing to get on and off my bed with more ease but most importantly walking straight.

I am scheduled to return to the office on Thursday to remove my stitches from my belly button. Will take pictures then.

Wish me luck girls that everything continues to progress well.

Ciao Bellas!
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Edward Guarino, MD. is a phenomenal surgeon. He makes you feels as if you're his only patient. He is honest and very personable. I find him to be a perfectionist because he takes his time during the procedures and will not rush. He strives to provide his patients with the desired results. I highly recommend him.