58 and Can't Stand my Neck and Jowls. Aliso Viejo, CA

I never considered ever having a facelift before I...

I never considered ever having a facelift before I started reading all the reviews on Real Self. So, let me thank all of you now for giving me the courage to go through with this. I've scheduled my SMAS ON 9-10-15. Thats all I'm having done, no laser, no eye lift…(not that i don't need all of that, I just think I can only handle one procedure at a time). I'm 10 days away from my FL, and I'm starting to freak out. A couple years ago I started getting jowls and my neck looks like I'm an alien from another planet. So, I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Timothy Miller ,he's very qualified, double board certified ,very nice and has great reviews and results.

More pics

6 days until my FL. I just got my wedge, I hope it's not to high(12 inches). I tried sleeping on it last nite, pretty comfortable, except I woke laying on my side and my head slid all the way down. lol. I added some profile pics of me, this is what I hate most.

5 days pre op

FL is approaching soon. Yesterday I picked up my meds, kids toothbrush , bacitracin ,peroxide , q-tips, arnica gel and hair clips.
I feel like I'm missing something . I'm still drinking coffee in the morning (do u think that's ok?). The worst part is no more wine.????

OMG !! 12 hours to go

I just added to my SMAS lift a lower Blepharoplasty with fat repositioning.
I'm not prepared for that, anything special I need to get or do for that. I just took a Xanax , I can't wait for it to kick in.

Post op

I made it . Yea ! It was a rough 2 days post op . The drains were really bothering me, I didn't know they were going to wrap around my neck, dr miller was so nice and took them out today( Sunday). I feel so much better. I look pretty beat up though.

Post op Day 4

Still very bruised and swollen.

Hi ladies, sorry it's been so long since my last post. Had a lot of bruising from day 5 to day 15, I was very depressed about it, that it was taking so long to get better. Also, I only told one person about my FL , so when my son came to visit me 3 days ago, he didn't notice anything different about me ( more depressing) . I have my 3 week check up tomorrow, I will post more tomorrow.

5 week post op

Hi everyone,
Not to many changes since my last update. A few days ago I had a big scare.
They found 2 blood clots in my arm. So they sent me for an ultrasound and told me to go straight to the emergency room.
So, then they did another ultrasound and said it looked ok and I could go home. 36 hrs later my primary Dr called me to come in and he said my first ultra sound showed that I had a DVT ( deep vein thrombosis ) , while the hospital said it was a superficial blood clot, so he wanted me to have another one to find out which ultrasound is correct,, so I had to wait the whole weekend , but that last ultrasound said they are superficial blood clots and they should go away on its own. Yea , no Coumadin ! My left side in front of my ears from my temple down to my neck is still so swollen and numb is that normal??

7 1/2 weeks post op

Hi everyone,
I saw Dr Miller last week and he says everything is looking nicely. He's only concern is my blood clot in my arm, (that's also my main concern), so he put me on aspirin therapy , hopefully that will take care of it. I'm pretty happy about my facelift, just my neck is still bumpy. I haven't talked about my lower bleph, I'm really glad I had that done. I never wear concealer anymore, that's saves me about an hour in the morning not having to conceal my eye bags. Lol.
One more thing I want to mention, is Dr. Miller has been wonderful.

Pic of blood clot

This pic is forSidney10, they didn't find it, I did. One morning I just woke up and it was there.

6 month update - a little dissapointed

Hi, everyone. It's been a long time since I posted. It's been 6 months since my FL, and I'm a little dissapointed in my lower bleph and under my chin area. Originally , I loved my lower bleph, but I guess they must have been still swollen because now I can hardly see any change. Also, under the chin area, although it is greatly improved, it's a little strange looking under there, it looks like I have jowls again. I go in for my 6 month check up in 12 days. Anybody else having these issues?
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

He was very professional during my consult and put me right at ease. He did not rush me at all and answered all my questions and concerns. I'm hoping he can work his magic on me.