46 Yrs Old Needing a Little Something Something - Aliso Viejo, CA

About me: I'm a 46 year old in good/fit shape. ...

About me:

I'm a 46 year old in good/fit shape. However, I started to look tired (eyes drooping a little and face not as full as before). Botox and fillers just didn't seem to hold long enough on me and I was looking for longer lasting results.

My search:

I searched high and low for a plastic surgeon with great patient recommendations, excellent aesthetic approach and INTEGRITY. I interviewed 3 total, each being "the best" in San Diego (where I live) and Orange County. The first fell flat in the chemistry department (all else was good), the second wanted me to have a full face lift, upper and lower eyes, brow lift, fat augmentation and a chemical peel at the cost of $25k. The third was Dr. Miller, the MD I selected.

After having seen the second plastic surgeon (that I did not select), I was convinced (or I should say he tried to convince me) that I needed all that work done otherwise I'd still be looking tired, especially if I didn't do all of what he recommended. He made me feel worse off than I had felt going in to see him (his sales tactic). So, when I went to see Dr. Miller, I was certain he would tell me that same thing but, HE DIDN'T.

At my consultation with Dr. Miller, the office manger got the process going by taking digital photos of me at all angles. They use a computer program to show your before and after (based on consultation). It was good to see and have available those images for discussion.

When I met with Dr. Miller, he was friendly, described his aesthetic approach as being refreshed and not overdone (thank goodness) and really listened to what I had to say. He recommended fat augmentation, Ulthera and a fractional C02 laser. I pushed back on him asking about a face lift, brow lift, etc. because the other PS suggested that. He said there was no way he would recommend or even consider those procedures on me at this point, maybe in another 15 years. He said that at my age, it's like a pair of jeans that have been stretched out after wearing, you just want to shrink them back up in the dryer, you don't want to have alterations done. After this consultation, I knew Dr. Miller was the right PS for me!!!

Scheduling my procedure:
I didn't know much about Ulthera and did some research on RealSelf. The technology had some mixed reviews and mostly from people who didn't go to a PS for the treatment. I wasn't 100% comfortable with the technology. I decided not to have the Ulthera done and mentioned such during my call to schedule. The office manager said OK, no problem...she didn't try to convince me to do it. Another reason to choose Dr Miller. They won't pressure you into a procedure.

Their office and surgical suite are new, clean and inviting. The procedure nurse was very nice. Everything went according to plan.

Followed the aftercare directions and went to all scheduled follow-up appointments. Just like Dr. Miller said, I'd be very swollen for a couple of weeks (fat augmentation) but by the 3rd week, I'd be looking more like myself. I went to all my follow-up appointments and Dr. Miller took his time with me, he was never rushed or late. After my follow ups, I'd have a hydra facials with their aesthetician. She gives the best facials! You've go to take care of your face after making such a time and $ investment.

Final Results:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I look so much better, not overdone. I won't see anyone else but Dr. Miller for any facial aesthetic needs.
Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Miller is an amazing plastic surgeon! Highly recommend!