27 Year Old, Two Children and Want As Close to my Pre-kid Body As Possible. - Albuquerque, NM

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had my consultation on February 23 with Dr....

I had my consultation on February 23 with Dr. Gallegos, as he did my BA surgery 3 years ago. My surgery was paid in full and scheduled on February 27. I had my preop yesterday, and my surgery is in 5 days. I picked up all my medications already and I'm having a recliner brought over Sunday or Monday to make mobility easier. I'm slowly starting to get anxious but not so much in a bad way. The body I've know for the last 12 years will be gone, it's all still very surreal to me. I'm just ready to love my body again.


Photos that wouldn't upload first go 'round.

My boobs just had their 3rd birthday.

As of February 21, my breasts had their third birthday. Like I mentioned in the first post, Dr. Gallegos performed my BA. Here's just a few pictures of the twins from the last three years.

Shapewear after surgery

I've been Googling and Amazoning for hours and the options are endless, but it doesn't help that I am completely clueless when it comes to Shapewear in general. When I did pre-op, the nurse said I will be in a garment from just below the breast to the top of my knees, will I have to buy a piece of Shapewear that absolutely comes to my knees? I don't mind having it high waisted and right under my breasts, but do it HAVE to go to the knees? Would mid thigh be okay, or even those boyshort type? Any input and help will be GREATLY appreciated!! I just want to prepare ahead of time as the garments provided by the surgeon usually aren't all that comfortable (for obvious reasons, I know). Thanks in advance.

My only concern...

And it doesn't even have to do with the procedure itself. I've wanted a tummy tuck for many, many years now. My younger daughter is going to be 11 in just a few weeks. So it's not something I woke up wanting last month. With these two procedures, I've already spent around $12,000. On plastic surgery. With that I could have paid off my car, put it towards my mortgage, or took my kids on vacation. However, I don't feel even in the slightest that I have been "irresponsible" with my money, or feel bad for wanting this. What do people when they're unhappy? They change what is making them unhappy. So no, I refuse to feel bad about finally making myself happy after almost 13 years. Now my only concern is that I'm afraid I'll never be truly happy with who I am. After scheduling this procedure I came home and while I was cooking dinner I was thinking about all the other things I would want to fix if I had the money. I'd want an eyebrow lift, a nose job, maybe go up a size with my breasts, skin peels, lip injections, I mean...the list was rather long. It took me aback for a moment. Am I really this unhappy with myself? Is this the stuff that would really make me happy, or would it be just a temporary fix until I found something else to complain about? Before having any kind of cosmetic surgery, I'd watch these people on television and think to myself, "how in the hell does someone become ADDICTED to plastic surgery?" and now I absolutely understand it. I'm just hoping this tummy tuck with hold me over for at least a few years (hopefully forever!) and I won't want to keep changing things.

Sorry, just needed to get this off my chest. I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. I'm going to begin my nesting!

The countdown begins...

I am currently 12 hours away from my new beginning. I'm about to shower and shave and get ready. I'm still not feeling any anxiety or nervousness. I just really want this and have so much trust in my doctor, I feel nothing but positive vibes. I'll try to update as soon as possible. If it's anything like my first surgery, I won't be cognitive for about 24 hours! Haha, so just in case I'm loopy for an extended period of time, I'm apologizing in advance. From what I've read, it's been either painful or completely bearable. With my BA, I didn't need any pain killer whatsoever. I'm hoping it's the same with this, but if it's not, I'm fully aware it's a possibility and I'm prepared. The only thing I didn't get around to doing today is buying Vitamin C and Arnica. But I'll live. If anyone is curious about Arnica, it's an absolutely amazing product. I've been using it for the past 7 or so years when I do body suspensions, or just on every day sore muscles and bruises. Cuts the healing time in half! So, if you're having a surgery soon, get some!! Gel or pills, both work wonders.

Okay guys, I'm off to finish prepping for tomorrow morning. I have to get my kids to school and get to the facility by 7:30am. I hope you guys have a wonderful evening.

Day two.

It's been 24 hours since I was wheeled into recovery. I just got home from my post-op appointment where they removed my catheter, checked my one drain, and showed me how to clean my new, tiny belly button. I must say I am very impressed with what I saw so far. I'm not going to be posting any photos just yet as standing for long periods of time just absolutely drains me. I get pale in the face, my legs start to shake and I get weak everywhere. But as soon as I can get some strength back, I can't wait to show you guys how good it looks. Also no real damage to any tattoos, so kudos to that!

Also, the only pain I've been having aren't even from the surgical sites or anything. It's tremendous back pain from being in this chair and not able to lie on my sides. And the other pain is abdominal cramps. My bowels are trying to move but just not there yet. So those are my only two complaints. I hope every has a wonderful week and I'll post new photos as soon as humanly possible.

One last thing, my little brother has been a damn trooper the last two days. Emptying my catheter bag, emptying my drain, helping me move around. I can see the disgust in his face when he has to deal with the blood, but he's been a complete life saver. I thought I was going to be able to do this on my own, but I was wrong, so very wrong. I envy the people that are at 90% by 24hrs post-op. You're my heros!

Third day.

I'm updating from my phone so it's going to be short and sweet and the pictures aren't that great. I'm extremely weak and walking any distance just drains me completely. Not sure if that's normal or not so yesterday and today I made myself eat a lot to try and gain some strength. I had my first BM this morning. It wasn't as terrible as I was anticipating, so that's good. My drain has been consistent at 23cc for the last 24hrs. My Endocet seems to be doing a decent job as I'm not having surgical pain. Just back pain from the recliner and walking hunched. The first two days it would make me extremely tired now it's just taking the pain away. I guess it's not a big deal either way. Okay, well, I'm done rambling. I can say if I look this good swollen snd bruised, I'm going to be ecstatic when I'm all healed. Hope everyone is healing well!

Oi vey.

Yesterday was 4 days postop. My drain fluid stayed consistent at 23cc all day. I even ventured further into the house (I live at the very back of my home). I felt rather good all day yesterday. However, last night in bed....worst to date. I just simply could not find a position I felt comfortable in. Too far back and it felt like there was strain on my incision. Too far forward and my drain was uncomfortable. I just simply could not get comfortable. So I did the best I could, took a pain pill and decided to tell the day to eff off! Well the Endocet was finally kicking in and I was getting sleepy when my caregiver decides to walk in at almost 1am being terribly loud. Go figure. So I get up, close my door, and do my best to get some sleep. Wasn't easy but I got about three hours.

This morning I emptied my drain and it was 20cc. I decided I was finally don't feeling gross and got in the shower. I had my younger daughter put a stepping stool in there for me to sit on. I wasn't in long as it was just draining me, but holy hell did it feel good! I also washed my garment since it was off anyway. Getting that thing back on was difficult! Ugh!! I took a two hour nap after this little rendezvous. So over all 5 days in, I feel good but just overly tired at the same time. I took a couple more pictures while waiting for my garment to dry.

Omg ouch!!

I just laughed for the first time since surgery.... Oh! My! God! More painful than anything so far!

Cabin fever.

It's day 6 and the cabin fever is really setting in. Crazy would be an understatement at this point. I sat in my chair throughout the day, napping and resting, movies and more napping. My caregiver had been gone all day, he brought my older daughter home from school and left again. I decided screw this, and told my daughter to grab my purse and keys. We're eating out tonight. I'm slightly lying. I thought about getting in the car all day yesterday as a passenger and all day today as a driver. I'm just wanting to get a little more normalcy. It felt amazing behind the wheel. My daughter turned on some music and I just turned to my daughter, smiled, and said "I'm so happy right now. It's the little things in life I enjoy the most." And she just looked at me like I'm crazy. Im feeling better but still far from 100%. I hope everyone had a good day today! ????

Day 8 quick ipdate

I just left my one week appointment. My drain has been putting out 100cc or less for the last four days, so that came out. YAY! Removed the steri-strips, the incision looks great! Found out I had a little lipo haha I kind of suspected due to the bruising on my right hip, but I feel like there's a knot in my upper abdomen and he said it was from the "little lipo" I had. Phew! I thought I blew a stitch or something from the MR. I've been feel really good and I feel even better now. Without the drain I'm standing taller and feel like I have more movement and stamina. Am I just on cloud nine or is this totally possible? Either way, I feel really wonderful today. He also said I'm the tightest patient he's ever had. Which is what I wanted haha I'll have more photos up in the next few days. Have a great humpday everyone!!

Late night update.

It's 1am and I'm wide awake because my daughter fell asleep with her tv on and I'm too tired/sore/lazy to get up and turn it off.

I bought a new compression garment from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I was so excited! Just to take a shower and find out it wasn't going past my knees. So my kids and I struggled for 10 minutes to get the old one put back on. Lots of up down, up down and standing. By the end of it, I just wanted to give up all together. I almost cried from exhaustion and frustration.

Earlier in the day I was driving and started to feel the urge to cough. I didn't know what to do so I braced myself as best I could with my hands but it didn't help at all. That's a whole different kind of pain right there. That almost brought me to tears as well. I hope I don't have to experience that again any time soon. The thought terrifies me. I've been lucky enough to ward off all my sneezes so far.

I took these photos right before my shower. I can't wait to stand straight and for the swelling to go down. I'm ready for the end results dammit.

Airing out.

Day 10, lying in bed, just letting everything hang out and be free for a little. Except the belly button obviously haha

A little upset today.

I woke up feeling really rested, my mobility is better than days past. My stamina is rising. My swelling is coming down and with that I saw something in quite upset with. Obviously nothing is 100% guaranteed in these situations. There's risks to everything in life, including surgery. So that's the only reason I'm not hysterical, crying and yelling at the doctor on the phone. Like I said, now that some swelling has gone down and I can see things a little better, I noticed the top of my old belly button is now right above my incision. At first I thought it was a dog ear or just lots of swelling. I can now clearly see its what's left of the old belly button. the more I think about it, the more I do want to cry so writing this is proving a bit difficult. I don't know what to do. Suck it up, ask him to fix it, ask someone else to fix it. I just don't know. I just know I feel upset. I really noticed it in one photo I uploaded previously so I'm reposting and next time I take this stupid garment off I'll take more and better photos of the issue.

It's been two weeks already? Whoa!

I can't believe how fast these two weeks have come and gone. It seems like just yesterday I was talking myself through the first three days of uber discomfort. The back pain is still very much present. I'm still hunched over. I've noticed when trying to straighten out, the tension isn't at the incision line, but the upper abdomen where the muscle repair/lipo was done. Is this just me or is this common? At first I was just scared to even attempt straightening up because I thought I'd rip open the incision. But the strain isn't even there. Last night I decided screw this sleeping upright crap, I'm going to lie down! So I crawled into bed, slowly lowered myself onto my left side and drifted off for a couple hours until the pain in my hip started. Switched to the other side, two hours later hip pain. So I just kept flip flopping until I just gave up. Needless to say I'm pretty exhausted today. But it's only going to get better and easier. Today is the first day I've gone without my compression garment. I was a little worried at first as it's been my "security blanket" the last two weeks, but I knew I needed to cut ties eventually, why not sooner than later? Now that it's later in the day, I'm feeling more and more confident without it. I'm not able to wear my regular clothes yet, I'm still in the stretchy yoga/legging phase. There's just too much swelling to try and get in my jeans or slacks. Overall, I'm doing well and feeling great. I hope everyone has a great week. More pictures soon!

I'm such a ditz.

What I thought all along was bruising, is really leftover adhesive glue. Any suggestions on getting it off? I can't really "scrub" yet as I still have scabs on the incision and soap hasn't been working. Thanks ladies,

Progress pictures.

Today is the first day I showered without sitting. I'm pretty tired and my back hurts but I regret nothing! Haha still not standing straight, it's frustrating. I have lipo lumps which I've pointed out in the photos. One really big scab right in the middle and that's pretty much it. Still not in regular clothes as I'm still swollen in the abdomen area (which can be seen). My belly button has something that resembles a very tiny clitoris :-/ I think that's about it. Nothing great or exciting....just resting and healing.



I noticed the last couple of days that my upper abdomen where my script tattoo is, is extremely swollen. It's bulging quite a bit. Should I be concerned?

Shapewear 2

The band on the shapewear in the previous post was really digging into my ribs right under my breasts and was causing pain so I went to Wal-Mart and bought three new pieces. One is light firmness so I was thinking of wearing it underneath things later on. But the other two pieces I bought are extra firm. The one pictured, and sorry for such bad quality, but wanted to show. It was rather difficult to put on but once it was....holy cow! I feel great in it. I actually feel "secure" and "comfort." I'm all tucked in and secure and I'm able to stand straight. Despite feeling great in, mentally I feel like I'm going backwards. Or maybe it's delayed post op blues? Without a garment I'm way more hunched, I have to hold my abdomen, I get short of breath easily. Now with this extra firm garment, I feel 100% physically but 1000000 steps back mentally :-/

I am Batgirl...or something.

I saw these at Wal-Mart yesterday and couldn't resist. I'm not back to wearing panties yet, but figured I'd take a picture in them because they're so cute :) I covered my boobs because I posted it on Instagram, well one of them anyway.

Quick update.

I'm a little over three weeks and not feeling very good about what I'm seeing. my extra firm garment is nice, at least while I'm wearing it. Once it comes off... I'm not really wanting to look at myself in the mirror. I'm building right in the middle by the belly button. When it's off, I'm catching myself sucking in like I did before surgery. I understand that nobody is the same, but I'm feeling very discouraged. One thing I can't change right now is just that, how I'm feeling. And now I'm feeling very emotional and want to cry. So I guess with that, I'm going to crawl into bed and hope for a miracle tomorrow.


Still having some post op depression but I'm getting into "suck it up" mode. I know that swelling is normal, I know that there isn't anything wrong, I know this is a long and strenuous process, and not everyone is the same. I'm a rather logical and analytical person, so I never should have let myself to get to the point of feeling defeated. It just takes me talking myself down to get back to normal. Just how my personality is. Anyway, other than pulling myself from this funk, things are going well and as expected. Mornings are wonderful, I'm standing tall with no swelling or pain. By the evening I'm hunched over, swollen and have an achey back. I washed my compression garments today and had to let them air dry so I've been without a garment since early this afternoon. I'm going to squeeze my chunky butt it in a little while and go to bed. I'm making my family fend for themselves tomorrow. I'm not doing anything tomorrow unless it's to eat or go to the bathroom with the occasional walk just because I need to. But I'm going to test this and see how my body does with swelling and pain. When I clean my belly and change the gauze, it doesn't appear to be leaving yellowish residue anymore and it looks like it's starting to scab. So, I'm guessing this is all good. The swelling within the belly button is going down. My incision is looking great. Very think and pink with the exception of one last and very stubborn scar! I can't start my scar treatment until this damn scab falls off! Right now, it's the bane of my existence! Haha. I haven't been able to wear a normal bra yet as a lot of my swelling is right under my breasts and it hurts to have my bra sitting there. Hmm... I don't think there's anything else to update. I'll be posting photos tomorrow after my shower, mainly of my belly button. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

More pictures

As promised, more photos including a super close up of my belly button. I woke up feeling a little more tight in my upper abdomen than usual. I put on two garments after my shower this morning. I took a picture of my one remaining stubborn scab as well. It's a bit irrelevant but on the 21st I have an appointment to get my bikini area sugared. I can't wait to get back to my "normal" down there haha

I'm squishy

What does that mean? Lol
Not like seroma squishy but I'm just not tight and firm anymore.


So I decided to put clothes on today. Not yoga pants and big shirt. So I slid into my leggings and looked in the mirror and got really happy. For the first time in 10 years I can wear leggings and not have hip bulges! I sent my best friend the picture and she just said "nice!" She doesn't really understand. I never thought I'd see this, so it's pretty exciting to me. Have a great hump day everyone!

More pictures

It doesn't look like it but I actually put some effort into my appearance today, so here's more pictures. Still haven't found anyone to pull my weeds! Lol

10 steps forward, 1000 steps back.

Last night I had a terrible allergy attack. I could not stop most of the sneezes. I would tilt my head back, pinch my nose and and breathing through my mouth and sometimes it just wasn't enough and the intense sneezes came. Bracing the abdomen didn't help either, I mean, in the sense of pain. Holding something there and not holding something there, it felt the same. I took my allergy pill and it continued for about 45 minutes after (normally I'm better within 15 minutes!). So, it was pretty bad yesterday. However, it is spring in New Mexico and the wind is really bad this time of year. I think I had been suppressing for it so long, it was just pent up and was bound to explode! The result of the sneezing fit last night has left me extremely swollen and very sore today. Figures once I have a really good day I have to get knocked off my high horse back where I belong. Actually, I'm still in a post operative depression state. Luckily I see my therapist in an hour and a half. I always feel better after talking to her. Now I'm rambling. I just don't have anyone to talk to about any of this in my "real life." Plus, there's ton of women on here than can truly empathize with me. That's the biggest issue right now in my life with the healing process. I have my one month appointment on Wednesday, so I probably won't update again until then. I feel like I'm a broken record and just repeating myself in my updates, so hopefully next week I get some good news from my surgeon. Have a great weekend everyone.


This morning lying in bed I was thinking of all the places I'd like to go to but then remembered I can't fit into any of my bottoms besides yoga pants and leggings. Quite frankly, I'm over it. So in my pensive state I realized I could go buy some maxi skirts and that will be way more acceptable than yoga pants and leggings! While I'm at the store, I'll get a waist cincher too. Went to Target #1, no cincher and no maxi skirts. Target #2, no cincher and no maxi skirts. I went to Walmart where I know I saw cinchers so I grabbed one. No maxis though. I then decided to go to a secondhand store called Plato's Closet. Why spend a bunch of money on clothes when my swelling is just going to keep going down? I got two maxi skirts for $8 each, one top for $6 and another top for $3! Can't beat that! Anyway, I snapped a few pictures in the dressing room. Some show how I really look and the others are how I'm hoping to end up looking. I look like a total mess today. I was going for a "boho chic" look haha Have a great weekend!

Milestone 2: good and bad

I woke up feeling good this morning. I went into the kitchen to start preparing dinner, turkey chili in the crock pot. I kept finding myself looking down and thinking "I look extra slim this morning. Wow! I feel like I'm barely swollen at all!" So I dropped what I was doing, came into my room and opened my drawer to pull out my favorite jeans. In one leg, then the other, squeezing my rather large thighs in inch by inch along with my fat white girl booty. Over the hip. Oh my god! They're on! Now will they zip AND button? Yes they will!! They were snug but they were on! It wasn't too terribly uncomfortable to sit in either. So after I got them on I went back to the kitchen to finish what I was doing. When I was done I came and took these photos before I got in shower and started to swell. Getting the jeans off though... Felt like I was wear super skinny jeans haha wasn't very easy. So I figure give it two or three more weeks.

Fast forward. I get in the shower and everything's going well. I get out and start my lotion process. I noticed that one stubborn scab finally came off!! But there's something sticking out of where the scab was. It's white string! No, not stitches, but white string! And it's very much attached to something. Leaving it alone until I see the doctor on Wednesday. He has some explaining to do! Moving on. I started to lotion my abdomen and it looks like I have quite a few new stretch marks go up towards my belly button starting at the top of my incision line. I'm sitting now without a CG on to let the marks fade so I can determine if they are in fact new stretch marks or just from the CF.

Despite me being very happy I fit into my favorite jeans... I'm not very happy with the chub sticking out on the love handles he did lipo on. Is it still swelling? Did he not suction enough? Is it new fat from eating like the world is ending? Ugh, too many questions and not enough answers.

Not much of a update.

I had my 1 month appointment yesterday. Doctor said I can start running again so long as it's not over 4-5 miles a day, and I need to wear a garment while doing so. The nurse said to come back in 6 weeks and we'll take after photos then due to me being quite swollen still. She fixed my spitting stitch. Tuesday I went to get sugared to tame the forest in my underpants. Well they gave me a new girl that isn't very experienced. Also being numb right below the incision I couldn't feel anything but pressure so I didn't know she butchered me until way after the fact! Ugh! I like to keep a little landing strip, which I told her but I also told her to be careful around the incision and stitch sticking out. Well 45 minutes later (I also got my eyebrows shaped and tinted) and she hands me a mirror and it wasn't pretty! No strip whatsoever, a tiny little patch right above my labia, and she left a patch of hair going down the left labia while the other was smooth. Oi vey. Lesson here? Don't let new girls near the vag! I'm just not a good candidate to give to learners. I'm somewhat of a control freak so I like things very particular, and this just messed me up all day. What she did to me, I could have done in my own shower.....FOR FREE! Haha some stress came about yesterday, it has leaked a little into today but I'm keeping my head up. I hope everyone is healing well and happy.

Week 6

Well, technically, tomorrow makes the 6th week mark. But I went for a run this morning. I put on my tightest compression garment. I walked it out first, just to warm up a bit. Then right before I was going to start running, mentally I was ready, but physically my body kind of hesitated. So after a few extra steps, then I started. There wasn't any pain but there is definitely still some tension in the upper abdomen. Instead of running continuously for whatever amount of time, I was doing intervals. The tension started to ease up to more I did my intervals, but I was just getting phsyically tired. It was expected but I didn't expect to feel this run down. It feels like the same after my very first time lifting very heavy weights. Just exhausted from head to toe. Needless to say I came home and took a nice nap and then showered. I kept my garment on for an extra two hours after the run (during my nap) and took it off for the shower and I'm now I'm without one. Nothing real crazy, but we'll see. I'm going to wait and see what my body decides before I determine anything. Meaning, I need to wait a little longer before I resume this. Keep doing intervals until I build my strength and stamina back up, or just push and start running. Also, asthma started acting up. I think it had to do with the cold weather during the run. It's been raining and chilly the last few days. It's been great for the swelling I get in my hands and feet, but not so good for outdoor running! Hope everyone is healing well and happy!


I'm a little sad this evening. Not enjoying looking four months pregnant. Not enjoying looking down and not being able to see my vagina. Not enjoying feeling like I did before surgery. Just all around not happy.

Menstrual cycle

I'm just wondering if the surgery has messed with anyone else's cycle. For the last two and a half weeks it's been all over the place. One day will be a bright red moderate flow, the next is brown and spotty, then nothing for a couple days and then mixed again. Just wondering if it may be surgery related or could be something else. Hope everyone is doing well!

2 months post

Today I am two months post op. Posting some photos. I still try to be optimistic every day, tell myself it's just swelling and it will be better in time. I see no difference from month 1 to month 2. Still fighting the good fight (I hope).


I was visiting with my mom while her nurse was checking in on her. Her nurse pulled out a measuring tape and was measuring my moms arms and whatnot, so I asked to borrow it after she was done, she said it was fine. I lifted my shirt, wrapped it around my waist and was completely shocked at what I saw. Pre-surgery my waist was 24" and my current waist is 29"!! Made me a little sad, to be honest haha I know it's swelling, but damn! Then I got on the scale and that hasn't changed at all so that made me feel a little better. I could have swore I gained weight due to being a total mess. I'm a rather big emotional eater so I haven't been eating the best during this whole process. Hey, I admit it! Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to go get some bromelain, a body cleanse, and some meal replacement powder so I can start working out again this coming week. I'm ready to get back to normal, so I'm doing it! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 months. Almost.

A week from tomorrow marks 12 weeks since surgery. I went in today for a post op check and to take the after photos. I'm sitting on the exam table, gown on opening to the front and the nurse walks in and starts up casual conversation. I open the gown and she was amazed at how extremely swollen I still am at three months post. She's baffled as to why, as I am. Just said to come back in another two months and we'll try to take the after photos then. It would've been nice to actually speak with the doctor. I'm not sure what the statute of limitation is on revision surgery, if one needs to be done. I just wouldn't want to miss out on that window, you know? Anyway, here's some of my 3 month post photos. I also did my first photoshoot since my surgery (and October!) this past Friday. Once I get some photos back I'll be uploading them. I hope everyone's healing well!

Not so much surgery related.

Yesterday I decided I was going to start up with an old exercise regimen I had a couple years ago. I'm not sure if I've mentioned here before or not that I'm a certified TRX suspension training instructor. I taught in a studio for a little while but quit to focus more on my own health versus other people. A little selfish, I know, but I was literally at the exercise studio upwards of 12 hours a day and I literally lived in workout clothes! Training other people meant I didn't have time for my own personal training. Anyway, I decided to get back on the straps 3x a week with running in between. So I put my straps in the car and drove to my favorite park. I drove around until I found a nice, sturdy tree. I get out of the car and put my things in the grass and start to rig up my straps. This particular branch has about 10 inches on me so I looked a little silly! But I got my straps all rigged up. I get ready to put my ear buds and I hear someone yelling.
"What are you doing?"
"Why, are you trying to break off the rest of the branches?"
"I assure you I don't weight enough to do that."
"Don't do that. I'm going to call the city and the cops."
"You go ahead and do that, lady."

At that point I put in my ears buds and started my work out. Front squats, chest press, chest fly, left back lunge, right back lunge, side lunges, stretches, crunches, and so on for the next hour. Meanwhile she's calling her neighbors to try and approach me and ask me to stop, and even came outside and took photos of me! I paid no attention to these crazy ladies and really kicked my ass in that hour and 15 minutes. I normally only do 30-45 minutes, but I was really in the zone. This morning I woke up and could hardly move. I am literally sore from my neck to my ankles. I forgot how intense these exercises are. While doing them it doesn't seem like anything is working and you can go for hours, but the next day, you'll be crying for your momma! So, needless to say, I feel amazing. Extremely sore but amazing.

Now after an upbeat and amusing story, I have a less upbeat and amazing story. A few weeks ago I picked up bromelain as it's one thing many women had mentioned. I figured, why not? Well there's no warning labels on the bottle. Apparently if you're allergic to latex and grass pollen, you'll be allergic to bromelain. I figured the extremely loose bowels were maybe in a sense a detox that the bromelain was causing. Me, being the not so brightest crayon in the box, didn't add it up that it could really be a problem. Not really a big deal as it wasn't helping with inflammation anyway, so it's not like it was really doing anything other than destroying my bowels haha so any other recommendations as I am three months post and still extremely swollen, I'll try them.

Hope everyone has a great week.
(PS: Adding some photos when I was still teaching just because! :)

4 months

July 7 was the 4 month mark. I've had a lot of ups and down the past few weeks. Around mid June I was starting to see and feel less swollen. I was feel great with how I was looking and starting to feel the surgery was worth it. I even had sex for the first time and really wasn't self conscious about it either. I think it was mostly because I unexpectedly had sex with an ex and the comfort level was already established. On June 24th, my mother passed away and that's when everything turned. She passed, I wasn't sleeping or eating, extremely stressed, emotional, I lost both my jobs. With all that came swelling as well. The first week after my mother's passing, I lost all the weight I gained during my recovery from surgery. So, that was a plus but at the same time, I realized how physically and mentally unhealthy this whole situation was. It's been a little over two weeks since her passing and I'm now eating and sleeping again, starting a new job on Monday, stress has slowly been diminishing, but the swelling is still there. I know wear a compression garment won't really help, but I feel compelled to wear it. I'm attaching photos of how I looked before all the stress and swelling came back. Two of those that were from Instagram from "2wks" were literally just days before my mother passed. But anyway, just thought I'd update and warn you guys about just how much stress really effects people. Have a great weekend, ladies.
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful