32, Fit Mom of 2, Personal Trainer & Bodybuilder. Albuquerque, NM

During my initial consultation visit the staff was...

During my initial consultation visit the staff was very helpful and knowledgable. The office has a calming atmosphere that is almost spa like. I was able to relax and felt very comfortable there. I feel as though the quote I received was reasonable for the work I am requesting. Since I plan to continue heavy weight lifting and have plans to compete in bodybuilding competitions, Dr Mayberry decided that subglandular silicone would be the best option for me.

Surgery Scheduled!

So after much deliberation, I've finally scheduled my surgery for 25 May 16. I'm both nervous and excited but I feel as tho I will be in great hands. Yvonne was really helpful at finding a date that would work with mine and Dr. Mayberry's schedule. They really make you feel comfortable and she eased my mind with some of the concerns I had.

Before Pix ... :-/

It's crazy how something as simple a breasts can effect your mood and overall self image. My surgery has been scheduled for 25 May. I look forward to.. Moving forward lol!

PreOp Appt 13 May 16

All of my updates are behind but I've been terribly busy! Sooo her goes it: I had my preOp appt on Friday the 13th.. Spooky right?! My appointment went well. After mounds of paperwork and measurements, Dr Mayberry gave me a few sizers 285cc, 300cc, 350cc & 400cc. I'd took the advice of some ladies on here and brought a form fitted T-shirt as well as a knit top. Surprisingly the 285cc wasn't as small as I thought... Anywho... I settled on 400cc for 2 reasons, 1. I wanted to avoid boob greed and 2. I liked the projection of the 400cc over how the 350ccs looked. (Albeit there wasn't a whole lotta difference) I paid for my surgery and went on my merry little way. I have to say, it was one of the most amazing Friday the 13ths I'd had in a long while.

25 May 16... Surgery Day!

The surgery went smoothly! I was extremely nervous at first but the nursing staff did an excellent job of before and after bedside care.
When I woke up, several of the nurses commented that Dr. Mayberry had done a great job and that I looked great. What a refreshing thing to hear!

After surgery I could see an feel my right implant edge. Dr. Mayberry had warned during initial consultation that this could happen. See photos for what I mean.

3DPO... Tired of the bedroom..

I was really feeling like a bum.. I had to do something! So I put on my makeup and sat on the porch.. Eventually I went to the grocery store just to get out of the house.

4DPO.. Backed up & Gassy

UGH... So much gas.... So much discomfort! :-( Coffee allowed me to go a little but not nearly what I need. The trapped air swelling and bloating just sucks! ???? only on Tylenol throughout the day... Vicodin at night. :-/

Yesterday kinda sucked (30 May 5DPO)

Yesterday I was in bed all day.. Massive headache, gassy, couldn't go #2 and pulling pains on my right side. It was the day I really started to question why the hell I even decided to do this. I have more feeling in the right and the left side is still pretty numb all over.. I belive this is why I have the most discomfort on the right. I have overs so I'm not sure what to expect when it comes to "dropping"... My right breast is still pretty swollen so I imagine that once the swelling subsides, it will look like the left. I just have to remind myself that it probably won't feel like this forever and to take things one day at a time. I'm back on my clean eating / whole food lifestyle today.. I can't wait to get back to the gym.

1 Week Follow Up today

Today my appointment went well. Dr. Mayberry said that I am progressing nicely and things are looking good. They removed the suture strips from the bottom incision and I was instructed to remove the strips from my areole in about a week. They addressed my surgical bra issue and gave me a size up from a 34 to a 36. The 38 was far to big to provide the needed support. Today at 6DPO, this was my best day yet. I'm starting to get back to my normal self and I even survived off one Tylenol. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I hope to get better and better.

Incision.. I finally looked at it!

I'm so proud of myself! I avoided looking at my crease incision as I was squeamish about it. It was a tab painful early on to lift my boobs anyway tho. At about 12 days post, I'm noticing that I have more range of motion for stretching! WOOT-WOOT! I'm still sleeping upright on pillow mountain and that sucks but it's not that big of a deal. I miss sleeping on my tummy and cuddling with the hubs tho! OH!! And I started back with light cardio this week. 30 mins on the elliptical w/ my HR at the low end of the cardio zone (60%). I'm eating a Paleo/Clean eating style and also started back intermittent fasting with a 15/9 protocol. Bloating is going down now that I'm off the Keflex as well as the vaginal dryness... Crazy how that one pill jacked me up!

21 Days (3 Weeks Post Op)

Hi! I'm about 3 weeks post today and DH and I were finally about to be intimate. I'm really making an effort to follow the Drs guidelines and all the recommendations said "not before 3 weeks". I have my 1 month follow up on the 27th and I'm hoping for good news. Since I have "overs" I'm not sure if there much change to be expected other than the internal healing from my lift. I'm in mild pain almost constantly but it's from simple things like the surgical bra and just "Air"... Never thought I'd say air was painful. I'm walking at a semi-normal pace and each week gets a little easier. I'm back in the gym this week doing mostly light "no bounce" cardio and low weights arms, legs and some back exercises.

1 Month Post Op Appt

Today my visit went well! I'm finally out of the surgical bra!! OMG... lol I can't tell y'all how happy I am to be out of that dang bra! Straight after my appointment I went to over to Vicky's to see if I could find a few secrets to wear. Specifically a high impact sports bra. To my surprise I did! AND... I ended walking out of there with a 34 DDD... I can't tell y'all how happy I am. Dr Mayberry really has changed my life and improved my self esteem. I'm really glad I went to him.

Almost 3 Months Post!

I LOVE the work Dr. Mayberry has done. Things are finally healing up and closed and I feel almost normal. There's still a little discomfort with sleeping on my tummy but I'm sure that's normal. They are the perfect size. My bra size varies from 34 DDD / 32 DDD but it's only due to the fact that my implant is ultra high profile so I require a deeper cup. I can dress them up.. Or dress them down! I'm so happy I made the decision to have this procedure.
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

During my consultation Dr. Mayberry was very polite and professional. He's very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. He has a warm personality and I look forward to having the procedure performed.