48 Y/o Female Just Starting Treatment

On my 2nd day. I'm scheduled for 34 trays, but...

On my 2nd day. I'm scheduled for 34 trays, but possible wired braces at the end for refinements.

My initial impression is that I have so much saliva all the time in my mouth. I'm hoping that as my body gets used to them, I'll be less spitty. I'm a teacher, so I don't want to spit all over my students!!

I don't have much of a lisp, but I feel like I'm holding my mouth like Donald Trump--again, I'm hoping that I'll get used to them and this will go away.

I'm also using Acceledent. This has a money back guarantee, so I felt like it was worth a try.

In about 4 weeks I'll get my attachments--I think I'm going to have 7 or 8?

I'll keep updating. Love this site to compare notes and ask questions about what's normal!!

Tray 3, First Day with Attachments

I'm not wearing my aligners in this picture, but I think it shows what the attachments look like.

I just got the attachments today. The trays come off easily for me, and I have no pain with the new trays.

Because of their location, the attachments catch on my lips when I'm eating, but I assume I'll adjust fine within a couple of days.

A side note: a close family member passed away unexpectedly and suddenly three weeks ago. Due to that event and combining that with an attempt to celebrate Christmas, I could not find a routine and wore my aligners only in the evenings and overnight for the last three weeks. However, my orthodontist felt that I had managed to keep making progress and kept me on my same schedule with no delays. For those of you who face sudden and unexpected life events that may interfere with your Invisalign schedule, I thought it would be helpful for you to know that it is possible to keep moving forward.

I'm very satisfied with both my orthodontist and my progress so far.

He gave me my next nine sets of trays with the next appointment scheduled for March. With the use of Acceledent, he has prescribed changing trays every week.

Tray 4 and feeling great!

I started Tray 4 of 34 trays today. This is my second tray with the attachments in.

A couple of things: 1. I'm getting used to the attachments, but food does sort of feel like it's getting caught. 2. The funny thing is that I'm doing this to fix my bite, so I don't know why this didn't occur to me before now...but my bite feels a little off and I'm having trouble getting used to chewing food with this adjusted bite. So there's that. Ha!
Albert Lea Orthodontist

Love this doctor and office!!