33yo, 163cm, 55kg, Symmetrical, Currently Unfilled B Cup - Adelaide, AU

Hey everyone! I'm currently obsessed with boobs....

Hey everyone!

I'm currently obsessed with boobs. My partner said recently I've spent more time looking at breasts than a teenage boy. He is correct :-)

I've wanted implants since as long as I can remember and I can't wait till I can fill out a bra, let alone a t-shirt.

My current stats =
33 yo
163 cm
55 kg
21% BF
unfilled B cup (shape doesn't fit an A cup, but too small to fill a B cup- fun times)
Symmetrical breast measurements (according to a PS)
Healthy and 'relatively' fit- I enjoy fitness activities, but I'm not a junky.

My Wishlist =
My current shape, just BIGGER
Sexy side and under boob look
D cup
Remain symmetrical
Natural shape/ appearance
Not that 'bolted on' look
And of course... complication free :-)

This is my journey... I'm looking forward to everyone's comments, suggestions, tips and love. I've found Real Self so helpful and compassionate, so I hope my story helps as much as others had helped me so far! Xx

The great surgeon hunt.

Trying to find and pick a surgeon feels like trying to decipher a code to a complicated science equation, where you know the answer you want, you just don't know which is the right way of getting to it.

So far I've met with 2 PS and a PS nurse in Adelaide.

Dr Julie Lawrence at Brighton Day Surgery =

First impression was that Julie was impersonal, brief with information, and disinterested. Consult was $168 with Medicare refund if GP referred. There was no talk of post care and mentioned first check up at day 10? Retiring at end of 2016- so what about complications etc? But she was keen to book the surgery- I didn't feel comfortable with the service.
Surgery = $12700

Dr Richard Hamilton at Hamilton House =

I met with the nurse for a free consultation. She was lovely- very personal, extremely thorough, and helpful. She took health history and asked questions of my wishes. We did measurements and a 3D scan. Although, the nurse would only show me up to 290cc in the digital images (I don't have a copy), more size options and trying on is done with the surgeon. To see the surgeon it's $154. I've booked an appointment.
Surgery = approx $11k - $12k

Dr Michael Higgs at Parkside =

I was very impressed with Dr Higgs free consultation. He was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and followed a structure which I liked as I felt I got all the information. We did measurements, pictures and a breast cancer examination (all in the presence of a female nurse). I was walked through procedure in detail. Questions about my wishes and lots of pictures shown for comparison to my actual breast shape. I was given 3D images for 335cc. Sizing choice is made in free pre-op appointment. I've made an appointment. Then if surgery is booked, it's a $700 nonreturnable deposit.
Surgery =$9915

At this stage I'm leaning towards Dr Higgs. My only concern is that he is a 'cosmetic' surgeon and not a 'plastic' (FRACS) surgeon. Dr Higgs explained his qualifications and experience to me in detail, which seemed reassuring. It's just I've always been told it needs to be a plastic surgeon to be qualified.
Does anyone have any suggestions on this???

Also, has anybody got any feedback on these surgeons? Or recommendations for any other Adelaide surgeons to consider?

It's so hard to know what and who is right!

Thanks heaps x

Size does matter!

There are SO many choices! I'm feeling a bit confused about sizing decisions as I have read a lot about boob envy and disappointment once swelling goes down. Although, I want to balance size with the overall look to be 'natural'. Understanding 'natural' is subjective!

Also, I find that looking at pictures has helped, but also hindered as I think one looks bigger than another, although, they're a smaller CC etc.

Does anyone have any feedback on this? How did you make your final decision? Where you happy?

My sizing status =

I've been told 375cc is the max I can fit by one PS.

I've tried 375cc, 345cc and 310cc with one PS. 375cc and 345cc felt too big.
310cc felt good and PS said it looked natural, but then I'm worried I'd think it's too small post.
(All round)

I've seen 290cc in 3D. I felt it was way too small.
(Round)

I've seen 335cc in 3D. I felt this was a better fit.
(Round)
*** see the digital images

So far I'm thinking along the lines of round, under the muscle, 335cc.
Although, I'm curious if I should go up?!

Rice sizers!

310cc
vs
375cc

Rice sizers.

I feel like 375cc look HUGE against my frame- they look really low on my waist! Although, it might be that the bra just makes them look saggy though?

I haven't tried 335cc sizers yet. Keen to try these!

Wish boobs!

If I had a magic wand, these are a few pics of what I'm get...

Surgery date and post surgery travel/holiday!

I have a holiday to Bali planned from Boxing Day till after NY, and I had discussed this with doctors in regards to safe time to travel post surgery. Some said 6 weeks, some said 4 weeks.

Has anyone travelled post surgery? Did you have any issues? How long did you leave it. Obviously it should be fine considering people travel overseas to have their surgery done and then travel home around a week post. I just wasn't sure with regards to feeling comfortable and confident on a beach holiday!

This also means that I might be having the 'twins' earlier than expected (was Dec), because a surgeon I'm considering said they S had a reschedule and they can now fit me in on 18 November!!! So I'm quite excited, but also a little nervous now!

That's less than 4 weeks away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would would out perfectly for me though- I've finished exams for the year and it'd give me 5 weeks before my holiday!

Feels like it's falling into place!

Pre-op sizing appointment done!

Shiz is getting real! :-0

I just had my pre-op appointment with Dr Higgs. I've decided I'm going with him and I feel really confident with this as my decision for my PS. He is really personable, informative and calming. I also like the nurses and the facilities, as well as the level of process and care they have in place at Parkside. And thanks to the lovely ladies on RS who have given feedback as well! So I paid the deposit and it's all locked in. OMG.

We discussed sizing at this appointment. I showed Dr Higgs my wish boob photos (posted on here) and he said for my size/frame 335cc will achieve this look. He said bigger would ruin the look I am after. We tried 290cc and 335cc in the bra. 290cc seemed very 'natural', but I've decided I actually want to be a bit bigger than this. I tried 335cc and it felt/ looked good on my frame. Dr Higgs measured the implant against my breast and said it was the perfect size. He thinks it'll achieve a D cup, the nurse things C/D cup.

Out of interest I tried the next size up, which is 370cc. This did look HUGE on me! I felt like it looked too big. My partner did too- he thinks 335cc was good. Although, I'll be honest, I'm still worried about having boob envy and feeling like I should've gone bigger. I've got that 'maybe I should go 370cc' feeling. But do I want to sacrifice the look and shape for size- not really! So I think I need to relax and trust the PS- he is the expert after all!!!
Does anyone have any comment/ feedback/ thoughts about this???

So in summary, I've locked in...
335cc
Round
Full profile
Smooth
Narrelle (I think)
Gummy bear gel
Under muscle- dual plane
Under breast incision

The pics are showing this implant. What do you think??? We looked at pics of before and after of girls from these sizing pics to post-op and they looked pretty similar. So this is pretty close to what the post-op result would be apparently.

Bring on the boobies!

Change of date... again.

Life happens, and so I have another surgery date change! Annnnnnd we're not going to Bali for NYE anymore. But it's all ok.

So new surgery date is now 9 December.

Which works out well because it means I will have 3 weeks off from work with sick leave and the holiday shutdown.

I'm still not feeling 100% on my size choice either, so this does give me more time to see how I feel.

31 days to go and counting :-)

Boob 'lump', size change and MASSIVE nerves!

I've been having massive anxiety about my size decision! I just didn't feel 'satisfied' and kept thinking about boob-greed, people saying they'd wished they'd gone bigger (when my friends who've had them), and pics I liked that I felt weren't matching my choice.

Had chosen 335cc, and considering 370cc- which is now locked in.
(Round, full profile, smooth, gummy bears)

So I had another appointment with my surgeon to discuss going up to 370cc. I must say, it made me feel really uneasy! The nurse wasn't overly friendly this time. I even asked her if many girls did this (changed their mind) and she said "nope". I felt like I was just wasting their time. It was all quite disappointing actually and made me feel really anxious. I took my sister and she said the 335cc looked very proportional, but I've been thinking I wanted a tiny bit bigger than proportional- with that side boob look, but nothing outrageous, just a little bit bigger boob. I didn't think 370cc was too 'massive' of a jump- it's only 35g and .5 cm difference! Just enough. My measurements can fit them too! The PS said 370cc is bigger than I expect and not to tell him they're too big- almost like an 'I told you so' post surgery. So I felt quite ashamed for asking. But in the end, the PS said if I'd been considering the bigger size and I didn't go the bigger, I'd always think about it and I'd always wonder... but he wasn't exactly on my side. So now I'm freaking out. He said not to worry, he'll do a good job and I'm in good hands- which I have no doubt about. I just walked out just as anxious as I went in. But I can't change it now- it's less than a week to go. So it's done.

I've also been massaging in bio oil and I noticed a hardened 'lump/mass/area' and it's quite painful- I can feel discomfort in the area. So went to my GP who is sending me for an ultrasound as a precaution. She thinks it's absolutely nothing to worry about and just a hardening of the tissue. The PS thinks it's just my natural formation (match on other side) and I've just irritated it. Neither think it will interfere with the surgery. I'm worried that if this is what happened with just a bit of massaging, what the eff is cutting them open and stuffing them full of implant going to do- I'm hoping they're not that easily irritated!!! It's just been a stressful week thinking about the 'what ifs'.

Basically, I'm starting to get really nervous! I've never had surgery, or a general anaesthetic, so I'm really anxious about that side. I'm nervous about my size decision. My friend had a good chat to me about my perception of 'too massive' and the reality of what I've chosen not being rediculous, and kinda calmed the nerves about me thinking I'm now going to look like a freak. He gave some good fashion advice as well. I just can't help feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. I don't know if that's because I've wanted this for as long as I remember and it's almost here, or if it's just because I can be an exceptionally indecisive person so I'm just doubting.

I need to be more positive. And I am really excited. I just needed to get this all out I guess... thanks for reading! I know it's going to turn out amazingly and I'll be happy because it's more than what I'm starting with! I'll get used to having big boobs and I'll love it- I have no doubt about that. I think I just want to be in the next phase already and this lead-up week will be a biggy for anticipation- time to say my farewells to my baby bee stings! ????

Dear gawd... they're huge.

Ok I'm officially now freaking out they're too big.

My PS made a following up call to me today, which I thought was nice! He told me he'd loaded the 370cc into my 3D account for me to view. He said he'd left the the 335cc on the 3ad account too- but quickly followed up with he didn't think we should change again. I'm pretty much locked in for the 370cc now.

But I think I'm just generally having a freak out.

Has anyone else had this experience???

TBC