41 , 3 Kids , Liposculpture

I have a relatively small frame but always had a...

I have a relatively small frame but always had a problem with my hips as they don't match my upper body ..
I have been thinking of Lipo for a very long time and went to see around 6 doctors in the past 10 years or so but always had cold feet .
I want to get rid of the extra hanging part and some trim to waist and flanks.

One day to go

I have one more day to go for my surgery and I am freaking out ..
I can barely sleep . I keep thinking of everything that could go wrong and keep questioning my judgement .
Being a mother is the worst part , I will never forgive myself if anything went wrong ,, ' hope all goes well though '
My doctor says being scared is totally normal .
I try to think of the outcome to overcome the fear , any ideas out there ?
I will post before photos soon .
Would love to hear from others that went through it .

Before photos

I am terribly nervous and my stomach is rumbling ..
Went shopping today for comfy wide clothes for after surgery.
Any tips for my anxiety :((
I can't wait for tomorrow to be over .
Pray for me

Mission accomplished

Hi .. yesterday I finally crossed over to the other side .. I was sleepy all day from the anesthesia and drugs .
Got dizzy and nauseous every time I stood up .

Going to the bathroom was a mission as the garment they got me closed with books not zipper !! Yes , around 20 or more small hooks so it takes forever to do and undo .. late at night as I was In the Bathroom I literally fainted and fell on the floor . I also threw up and felt terrible .. the pain in my thighs is bearable but my stomach and flanks I s bad especially when I move ..trying to push my self today so am sitting more around and moving and getting used tot the pain ...
Donno how I will go home

Moving around

Hi again .. I left the hospital few hours ago .. I am trying to walk and act normal but it is very difficult with all the pulling feeling .
My body still looks the same , I guess because of all the swelling .
My doctor said final results at 2 months !! That is a long time ????.
He also says I will progress as I go , I hope so . Especially my hips as he doesn't seems to have taken much form there which is worrying me , I hope that changes !

First follow up

Today I went to my first follow up appointment with my doctor ..
He said all in going normal .
I told him about my pain upon movement , he said the pain will be less everyday .
I do have a lot of swelling , he said it I normal and I can use warm presses and I can bathe when I complete a week .
I felt better after seeing him in general .
The garment is another story .. I hated it at the beginning and ordered another one with a zipper but when I tried it it turned up to be worse !!
I am daring the time when I get my period , Donno how will manage .. the lady selling the garments said she can do any adjustments like widening the opening at the bottom to make it easier to go tot the bathroom ..will see about that .

First shower !

Today I had my first shower after a week from my surgery ...
It felt good to feel the water but my stomach looked and felt very weird and rigid also very swollen still .. too many bruises on my hips and highs but not very painful .
I couldn't stand for long so I had to send it soon .. I was told not to scrub so still couldn't remove the doctor's marker marks on my body .. but feel a little cleaner at least .

Another thing , I got my period today and I hope it won't get messy with the garment ..
I had it adjusted and asked for the lower opening to be bigger , hope this works .
Still weak and in pain when moving between positions !
My doctor says all normal but seems am just not a good healer .

Almost two weeks

Pain is much better but still very swollen and still can't fit into my clothes .
I can see some nice shape to my body forming but can't decide till the swelling is gone . The Doctor and his staff were very friendly all along .
Will post some pics soon .

Liposculpture .. after 3 weeks

I am glad finally time passed .. my pain is much better but still some stinging and discomfort. I am still swollen and still canMy totally fit in my normal clothes . Doctor says it takes a while to see final results.. I can see a difference in the shape without clothes but not yet that visible with them as I still feel they r not fitting properly yet .. I went today to try some clothes in a shop and finally saw a nice shape in clothes ( picture attached ) I never looked good in a jumpsuit but now seems I do .
I still wish that the doctor had taken more from my hips though... I hope that will change with time .. I started velashape 3 according to doctor's advice to enhance recovery and remove more fat ..
My biggest fear now is to gain weight while in recovery which will sure affect final results... still can't tell whether it is the swelling or may be weight gain that is causing my clothes not to fit yet !!
A friend told me it took her a couple of months to wear her clothes back as she was swollen ... fingers crossed .
I have been haunting my doctor with questions and he has been very nice and patient so far .

1 month update

It has been almost a month ... not very happy and not sure about how I look .
Sometimes I feel good and other times I feel I am still hippy ... donno if i have gained more weight or my surgeon just didn't remove enough fat from my hips and thighs .i. This pic it looks nice but I already looked ok in these pants before so can't really tell..
No one noticed any difference on my body yet ..
I am still doing Vella shape 3 , doctor said it can make dramatic changes once done but still have to see ...
one lady told me the hips part results usually show the last ... is that true ?
I feel I have to lose more weight for my hips to shrink , I thought is I do the surgery I wouldn't have to worry about weight as much !
In general , pain is much better but my back and sides are still very sensitive .. started to get fed up of the garment but doctor says 2 more weeks to go so will wait .
My biggest fear is that after all of this suffering I end up with very minor changes !
Fingers crossed ..
Dr. Mazen Aljanabi

So far both the staff and doctor were so friendly .. will wait to see after the surgery .