Dr. Oakley Smith Saved my Life! Toronto, ON

In 2012 I made a terrible error when having a...

In 2012 I made a terrible error when having a deviated septum surgery: I decided to have the doctor shave down a small bump I had that was only noticeable from one angle, but had bothered me a great deal. Looking back, I don’t know what I was thinking, I really liked my nose, I could have lived with that one small flaw because after that surgery I had many more problems than a small bump. My nose was wider and had a different bump in an even worse location. I was devastated so went to a plastic surgeon to fix what I thought was probably an easy fix. He assured me it wouldn’t be a problem. After my second surgery my nose looked even worse. It was even wider, had a very noticeable curve and now the tip (which I asked him not to change at all) was droopy. Needless to say I was horribly depressed. Waiting for that mess to heal was one of the hardest years of my life. I wanted desperately to go back in time and stop this horrible series of events before they could even begin. I hated being photographed, I hated looking in the mirror, and my confidence was gone. I was devastated.

I started researching the best surgeons in Canada and made some appointments in Toronto to consult with my top choices. Dr. Oakley Smith was my first consult and he was by far the best. He made me feel confident and hopeful in what was to be my 3rd and final surgery (regardless of result), but didn’t put unattainable expectations in my head. He was very straightforward with what he could and couldn’t do and what to expect. I had never felt more comfortable or confident with a doctor.

It’s been 4 months since I had my surgery and let’s just say he exceeded all expectations; I couldn’t be happier. Now I cry tears of joy and relief instead of tears of regret and devastation. Thanks to Dr. Oakley Smith my nightmare is finally over. He somehow took the mess that was once my nose and made it beautiful again. I absolutely love it. He has changed my life and I couldn’t be more grateful. He is incredibly skilled, kind and honest. Thank you, Dr. Oakley Smith, you can’t imagine what you’ve done for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Here are two after pictures, taken at about 4 months post op.

before pictures