Can I use the balloon if I have had a sleeve done before?

Orbera Balloon in someone with a Sleeve Gastrectomy

Hello. It is currently not recommended to have a balloon if you have had a previous Sleeve Gastrectomy, Gastric Bypass, or Lap Band. Placing a balloon in these settings could cause rupture or bleeding of the stomach or stomach pouch. On the other hand, if someone fails to lose significant weight with a balloon they are still a candidate for the 3 weight loss surgeries mentioned above. Good luck.

Little Rock Gastroenterologist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Little Rock Gastroenterologist

Can I use the balloon after gastric sleeve

Hi. Thank you for your question. Using any balloon for weight loss purposes after gastric sleeve is not recommended. Not knowing when the sleeve was performed and what the anatomic status of it is, the answer to inappropriate weight loss may reside more on the latter and on diet. You should revisit with the surgeon who performed the sleeve to address those issues. 

Best of luck to you

Best of luck to you