Soft spots and rippling in breasts 5 months after BA.

I had a BA in May 2016 and I am already experiencing rippling and soft spots that I can only compare to the feeling of a bruise on a apple. The rippling is in both breasts, but more extreme on the right side and the soft spots are only on the right as well, above my nipple and on the right "side boob". What could cause this? Is there anything I can do to better the situation?

Soft spots and rippling in breasts 5 months after BA

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your augmentation issues.  Without an in-person examination or full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice but rippling can be seen when the amount of skin and breast tissue coverage over the implant is insufficient.  Ways to correct this include moving your implants to beneath your chest muscle, reducing the size of your implants, exchanging saline for silicone, choosing a higher fill silicone implant, or augmenting your skin thickness with fat or skin substitutes.  Hope this helps. 

Rippling after Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question . Rippling occurs when there is not enough soft tissue to cover the implants . The larger the implant and less Breast tissue and thin skin as well as saline bs silicone implants predispose to rippling . Fat grafting or some type of ADM or Seri can help . Under the muscle vs above also gives more coverage . As women gain weight they also tend to gain weight in there breasts and this seems to help as well  . Good luck !

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rippling

Rippling occurs because there is limited soft tissue coverage over the implant.  Correction for this issue is often more soft tissue coverage using and ADM, fat, and if in the upper pole, placing the implants under the muscle.