Upper Eyelid Tightening and Lift Cream?

I have had a droopy eyelid since I was born. Because I dont want to have surgery, I am looking for a cream that will tighten and lift my upper eye lid. I am in my late 50's so I know my age does play a factor in my condition. Any suggestions?

Doctor Answers 3

There in no such cream for tightening congenital droopy eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There in no such cream for tightening congenital droopy eyelids (ptosis). Only surgery can help this problem. There are many minimally invasive surgical procedures which may help you.

I advise that you see a reconstructive opthalmologist. Ask your eye doctor for a recommendation.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Droopy (ptotic) eyelid may need surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have had a droopy eyelid since birth, it is highly unlikely that any cream will help. It is more likely that you will require surgery to fix the anatomy. It is usually more than just a skin issue. You should consult with a plastic surgeon or occuloplastic surgeon for recommendations. If you post a picture, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Ptosis correction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Forget the creams - if you want it corrected surgery is the only way to go. I guess you could take scotch tape and tape the lid up -- but for a true correction you need surgery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.