How Many Units of Dysport Should Be Given for Lines Between Eyes and Horizontal?

I am 44 and have vertical and horizontal lines on forehead. I did a Groupon for 40 units of Dysport and the Doctor told me it was not enough. So I paid to double it and he wrote down that I had 50 units. How much should I have had? He said I could go back for touch up in 2 weeks, but now I think I didn't have to pay for the extra!

Variables on dysport

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The only determining factor here is, how big is your forehead? Without seeing you, it is impossible for me to determine how many units to use. If you had a normal size forehead, I would typically use approximately 25 units for the forehead, and 25 units on the glabella ( your 11 lines in-between your eyes). I hope this helps a little

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much Dyport does the forehead require

The amount of Dyport needed depends upon the individual patient and specifically some people have broader larger foreheads and this will require more product. The amount needed also depends on the  the size of the underlying muscles that contribute to the appearance of the lines. The more dense and bulky the areas appear, the more Dyport is needed to relax the muscle. This concept holds true for all botulinum products -Botox, Xeomin, and  Myobloc. 

In general, the vertical lines (aka 11's between the brows) alone need between 50 -65 units in a woman and 25-40 units to treat the horizontal lines ( the lines that go across the forehead) Again these numbers all depend on several factors including muscle density and the size of the area being treated.

Sharon Scherl, MD
Englewood Dermatologist

Frown line Dysport dosing

I often start with 50-60 units of Dysport in the frown areas, but I have put 75 - 90 units for some who have really strong muscles and can still frown after their first treatment.  I would wait a couple weeks after the first treatment and reassess.

Dysport Units for Lines Between the Eyes and Horizontal Forehead Lines

40 units of Dysport is a pretty small dose. The usually conservative manufacturer recommendations for just between the eyes (not including the forehead) is 50 units but in our experience people often need a bit more in that area alone. I usually treat the horizontal forehead lines conservatively for a variety of reasons. I think that 50 total was probably a reasonable start.

The only questionable thing that I see is offering a Groupon for 40 units in the first place, since it's likely that the practitioner would know that most people would need more. Bait and switch? Be wary of deep discounts. Cheaper does not mean better. It pays to go see an experienced, board-certified injector who might cost more.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport units for the forehead

Each patient is unique, but most patients will require approximately 30 units of Dysport for the horizontal forehead lines and 60 units of Dysport for the vertical lines between the brows (glabella). This will vary from one injector to another, and from one patient to another. It may be affected by how the product is diluted, where the injections are placed, and other factors.

Always see an expert physician injector.

Matthew Richardson, MD
Frisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

How many units of Dysport

Thank you for your question about Dysport.  The amount of units given varies by patient.  A typical dose for the "11's" between the eyes is usually around 50 units, give or take a few units.  For the horizontal lines on the forehead, and typical dose is around 30 units, plus or minus units depending on the patient (depth of lines and strength of the muscles that need relaxation).   I would certainly encourage you to follow up with the injector to verify how many units you had,  and express to him/her any concerns. 

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Amount of Dysport

The amount of Dysport that people need can vary, depending upon how strong your muscles are and how large or small your forehead is.  I generally begin with 40 - 50 units in the glabella (the area between your eyebrows).  When we scowl, which causes those angry-looking 11's, we are using three muscles and all three of those have to be adequately treated in order to reduce the angry appearance.  However, there is only one muscle that goes across our foreheads, so that area needs less Dysport.  I typically begin with 20 - 30 units across the forehead.

When I inject a client for the first time, I always ask them to return in about two weeks so that we can assess if the amount injected was perfect for them.  At that point, if needed, I can add a few more units.

Lisa Jenks, MD
Colorado Springs Physician

DYSPORT - HOW MANY UNITS?

Thank you for your inquiry. Most patients need 30 to 50 units between the brows and an extra 20-30 for the horizontal lines on the forehead. This depends on muscle activity and if your lines are static or dynamic. I would advise to wait the full two weeks and assess your results. If you are happy then the dosage was correct, if not i would go back and inquire-additional units may be required.

Treating Forehead Lines with Dysport

Dysport® is an injectable used to temporarily improve the look of frown lines without changing the look of your whole face. The untreated facial muscles still work normally, allowing you to freely show facial expressions, such as smiling, in untreated areas. Over time, the use of muscles above and between the eyebrows cause wrinkles. Injecting Dysport® into these areas, blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles, reducing muscle activity. The result is temporary softening or elimination of visible wrinkles/lines. 
A skilled provider will determine the number of units necessary for your optimal results.

#Dysporttreatswrinkles   #DysportvsBotox   #Dysportforeheadlines

Dysport dosage

Greetings~

40 units of Dysport isn't much.  Typically, the vertical lines between the brows (glabella) requires between 60 and 75 units. For some 50 units may be sufficient but it's doubtful that you would see much results with 40 or that they would last very long.  The horizontal forehead lines can vary greatly. (starting around 15 units and maybe up to 60).  With 80 units you could potentially treat the horizontal and vertical lines but it would be difficult to say for certain without seeing you.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Grant Stevens, MD