Dermabrasion or CO2 Laser for alarplasty scar?

Hi, I had alarplasty done around a year ago and was left with a scar on the left side of my face. I tried wound reclosure but that almost led to a bigger scar. I have had two co2 treatments and have noticed some improvements. My doctor says I can achieve much better results through dermabrasion. I was wondering if any of you could give a second opinion. There seems to be really mixed reviews on nearly every scar treatment available. I have fair skin so pigmentation would not be an issue

Dermabrasion

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful to see pictures of your scarring in order for us to provide the most applicable answer. I suggest that you move forward and consult with another board certified facial plastic surgeon. Please keep in mind that the goal of dermabrasion is to create a smoother and more youthful appearance to the skin. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar treatments

It is hard to make an exact determination on what you need without seeing a photo. To be generic, if you are seeing results with the laser stick to that. It after you complete your treatments and the scar is still present you could do the dermabrasion. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon