DNA appliance / homeoblock help with recessive lower jaw? (photos)

I would like to correct it or at least improve this without surgery if possible. Is this suitable for me? How exactly does it work? Does this just bring the jaw forward when biting down or do the jaw muscles gain strength to hold the jaw forward at a resting position? Also, if the lower jaw is brought forward would orthodontics be needed to bring the teeth backwards to correct the bite? I also have some jaw asymmetery- is this something that could be addressed?

DNA Appliance is an excellent approach.

I would strongly suggest utilizing the DNA Appliance to grow the maxilla.

The Rna ersion can also simultaneously expand and protrude the mandible to correct retrusive chin.  The lower jaw is usually locked in a posterior position by the small maxilla.

Ira L Shapira DDS, D,ABDSM, D,AAPM, FICCMO
Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations
Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management
Diplomat, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Regent & Fellow, International College of CranioMandibular Orthopedics
Board Eligible, American Academy of CranioFacial Pain
Dental Section Editor, Sleep & Health JournalMember, American Equilibration Society
Member, Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences