What treatments can be used for excessive groin sweat that are not injections?

I desperately need help with my groin area. I am a woman and I am soaking my underpants with sweat daily, and it stinks. I am not overweight, and not unfit. I sit or stand, exercise or not, hot or cold, it makes no difference I cannot afford the constant expense, downtime or inconvenience of getting Botox or similar every 6 months. But I am prepared to save up and spend a large amount for a permanent solution like the armpit curettage. Is it possible to use other treatments for groin sweating?

There are many treatments besides Botox for excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis as it's commonly know in the medical field. Treatments range from topical solutions to oral medications to even laser treatments. In your online post you mention the cost of Botox, did you know that most insurance carriers now cover the cost of Botox? This makes it more available and easier to get then ever to alleviate your excessive sweating.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Dri-Sol, presciption-strength aluminum chloride, may be helpful for your excessive sweating.

This is not a permanent solution, but may be something to consider if your doctor has not suggested this.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Simple methods while you wait

You may have tried this, but using a simple "clinical strength" antiperspirant can be very effective. The best way to use it is to apply it before you go to bed. It typically will last all the next day. Like i said, make sure it is the clinical strength and not standard antiperspirant.

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

For groin sweating, I would wait for Revance approval, topical "Botox", otherwise try Miradry, Sweat X treatments

I think the perfect solution for you is Revance which is a topical neurotoxin that will be approved sometime this year.  True, it won't be a permanent solution, but it will be painless and effective.  For more permanent results, Miradry is very effective, but you need more than one treatment and they are painful.  Numbing the area with injections helps.  There is also some swelling afterwards.  More treatments but less downtime is the soon to be approved Sweat X from Alma.  I heard that you will need up to 6 treatments for results, but the pain is minimal.  Ulthera is coming out soon with a hyperhidrosis indication, but that could be painful too in that area.  Steve Weiner, MD, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD