CC size to achieve full A/small B cup? (Photo)

I am 22, 5'3", 120 lbs. I am 29" around my chest and 30.5" for my bust- I wear 32A bras, but do not fill up the cups, so I'm tempted to say I'm actually an AA cup. I'm very active and have a physically demanding jobs (horse trainer) and don't want large breasts, but I want to feel like a woman. I just want my breasts to be a bit fuller and more shapely. From what I've researched, it seems like 200cc or smaller will achieve my desire to be a full A/small B cup. Thank you in advance!

Best Breast Implants for ME?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "full A, small B cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

I agree

From your photographs and descriptions, a 200 mL implant seems to be reasonable to achieve your goals. You might want to try and find a plastic surgeon in your region with a Vectra 3D imaging platform who can then show you what the different size implants will actually look like on you. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

BA

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. Keep in mind, if you are a very active person, it may not be practical to go as large as the patient in your wish pic. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra silicone implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Planning a small breast augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I think your planning is excellent.
  • I suggest you try on sizers ranging from 175 cc - 230 cc at the time of your consultation.
  • Seeing the different with each change in size is very helpful in deciding which is best for you.
  • A 200 or smaller is unlikely to make you a small B - but it may still be the look you want.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

CC size to achieve full A/small B cup?

There is no sure way to determine this but based on the information provided, 200 to 250 cc should be close. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Wanting A cup to B cup size change

Thanks for your question.  It sounds like you have done your research, are well-informed, and are seeking a more conservative increase in breast size.  Smaller implants in the range you are considering will usually provide this type of result but your surgeon will be the best source of advice regarding the exact implant choice.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

If you choose a small B cup after breast implants you will likely wish you had chosen a larger size.

Many women are very active and do not want to look disproportionate. However, it is unusual for a woman to request a small B cup size. I would recommend that you consider a C cup size. That way you will have a cleavage, there will not be a wide space between your breasts, you will feel very womanly, and you can do anything you like physically. I almost never insert 200 cc implants because they will not be adequately wide. A better volume for you would be in the 250 cc to 300 cc range. Have a look at some photos of woman with implants this size and see what you think. You don't have a particularly narrow frame. You don't want to go to the trouble of having the surgery and afterward think, I wish I'd gone larger. This is a conversation I frequently have with patients. It is ultimately their decision, however, and they are the ones that choose their breast size, not their surgeon.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon