Breasts look uneven (Photos)

I am 5 months post op from breast augmention. I had 450cc placed in both breasts. While they both feel soft and move easily, my right breast still sits higher and is noticeably more round toward the top. I am worried it is becoming more noticeable as the left continues to drop. Should I expect this to even out? It is worth a revision? I do not have any pre-op photos, just one earlier post op.

Uneven breasts

Hello, without a preop picture it is hard to comment whether any asymmetry is pre-existing or due to the position of the breast implants.  Your surgeon will be the best source of advise about the cause and treatment options.

Breasts look uneven

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Without preoperative photographs it is difficult to offer definite recommendations, but at 5 months you are approaching your long term results.  Though your right implant does appear slightly higher the difference may be due to preexisting soft tissue and chest wall issues.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon, they can best offer reassurance or advice. 

ASYMMETRY

I agree the right breast has more fullness on top.  Your breast folds are uneven.  The right fold is higher and the right nipple is pointing more inferiorly.  I would recommend exercises to try to stretch the lower aspect of the pocket and move the implant downward.  I suggest you visit your surgeon to discuss your options.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that your implants are in good position and fairly symmetric.  The inferior poles are even which suggests that the implants have descended symmetrically. The upper pole fullness that you are noticing is most likely due to pre-existing chest wall asymmetries which can make the upper pole seem fuller on one side. This level of asymmetry is very common and is typically discussed before surgery so that it is not worrisome afterwards.  Revision would not be justified from either a risk, cost or outcome standpoint.  Hope that helps!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation question

I agree that your right breast look slightly fuller on top. I think that overall, your breast augmentation looks great and that the asymmetry you're describing is minor in the pictures you included. All patients and breasts are slightly asymmetric. Sometimes these asymmetries are accentuated by breast augmentation. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

5 months post op - asymmetries

The asymmetries may be there preoperatively. Most women have one breast that is slightly higher than the other and this can be noticed by an inframammary fold that is higher than the other (fold under the breast). Your difference is there (I can see it) but very slight. Things will continue to change with breast augmentation for up to a year so I would continue to watch it and not stress out too much about needing to have a revision. That being said, if it is something that you notice all the time and it really bothers you, it is worth an in-person examination with your surgeon or another plastic surgeon. Best wishes - you look great!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Difference

You do have two different breasts and they may not look exactly alike. Without preop photos, I cannot be specific about your differences since they may have been there before surgery. I would suggest discussing all your concerns with your surgeon. If you are happy, just enjoy your new look. If you are not, discuss options with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon