Year Old Silicone Implants and Hot Tub Temperature Limit? (photo)

I am not worried about infection at this point. I wonder if the heat from a hot tub can 1) cause leaching (not leaking) of contents in implants, 2) will make implants less strong over time and shorten time for replacement of silicone implants? I saw lots of questions about waiting to swim until healed/until sensation came back, just not anything about 104+F hot tubs/silicone implants after healing and what high temps can do to these materials inside of us. Thank you, I really appreciate you all.

Heat won't hurt your gel implants

and at this point, you should be able to do anything you wish without worrying about outside influences on the integrity of your implant.  Realize that your implant will heat up to that temperature so when you get out, it will take a little longer to cool off to body temperature.

Implants and hot tub

At one year there should be no problem going into a hot tub with breast implants.  Enjoy the tub!

No problem with implants and going into a hot tub

There is no problem going into a hot tub following a breast augmentation.  The heat involved in a hot tub will not effect the implants in any manner.   

Year Old Silicone Implants and Hot Tub Temperature Limit?

Thank you for the interesting question. There is no evidence that the hot temperatures associated with hot tubs will cause any type of problem associated with breast implants.

Silicone Implants & Hot Tubs

Thank you for your question. Once your incision is completely healed and your surgeon gives you the OK, it is safe to go into a hot tub with silicone implants.  Silicone is extremely heat resistant and will not be affected by the heat caused by warm water. That's one of the reasons baking mitts and cooking utensils are made of silicone. Your skin is much more sensitive than the implants.  If you can tolerate being in a hot tub, your implants will certainly be able to tolerate it.  Best wishes.

Breast implants and hot tub

Once the incision is totally closed (1-2 weeks) it is fine to get in a hot tub. There is no problems with the temperature of the water-if you can tolerate it then it's not too hot for your implants.

Hot Tubs and Breast Implants

While the heat from a hot tub does get above body temperature, the melting point of silicone is close to 300 degrees F. Thus breast implants are perfectly stable at temperatures well above what the human body can tolerate.