Can I Go on Theme Park Rides After Getting Breast Implants?

Is It Ok to Ride Disneys  Mission Space After Getting Breast Implants?

Theme Park rides permitted four weeks after breast augmentation.

In my practice I permit full athletic activity four weeks after breast augmentation. Nevertheless, you should follow the instructions of your own surgeon.

Breast implants and roller coasters

It is absolutely fine to experience amusement park rides with breast implants. I tell my patients that at 6 weeks, they can do pretty much anything that they want without any risk to their results, which would certainly include riding the rides at Disney. Have fun. 

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Disney rides

After 4 to 6 weeks your breasts should be well-healed and there should be no restriction to any physical activity.

George Pope, MD

George H. Pope, MD

Park rides after BA

IF  you   have   already  at least   4   weeks   after   your  breast  augmentation    there  is no risk ,   you  can  visit     your park    of  course   being   carefull of  direct  traumas    to    breast      because    this can  predispone  to  capsular  contracture  in the    future 

Cynthia Disla, MD

Activities after a breast augmentation

It may be best to wait at least 4 weeks before you subject your breasts to the pressure of an amusement park ride.  

Risk of vigorous activity is highest soon after breast augmentation.

I typically recommend that my patients refrain from any vigorous or strenuous physical activity for a month following breast augmentation to allow the capsules and tissues to heal and form properly.  I would include certain theme park rides in this category as they can cause you to use your upper body muscles forcefully or require certain restraints or bars that may push on your tissues forcefully.  Whenever there is any doubt about this kind of question, it is always best to err on the side of being conservative and giving a little more time for healing to avoid complications.  You invest alot in your surgery, and you don't want to have to revisit things simply because of an imprudent choice.  Check with your own surgeon for his or her recommendations about this too.  Good luck.

The convalescence after breast augmentation varies from patient to patient and is also contingent on the type of surgery. It is important to follow the post-operative instructions that you received from your plastic surgeon before entertaining the idea of any heavy lifting or strenuous activity. Four to six weeks is a reasonable time period after which full physical activity can be resumed.

Implants are Quite Strong

Dear Cyfl,
Breast implants are fairly tough devices.  They are not indestructible, but any force strong enough to definitely damage the implant will cause a lot of trauma to your skin / chest.  Once you are fully healed after surgery (conservatively 2 months), you should have no problem going on Disney rides.  Sooner after surgery, there is some risk of pocket displacement, so discuss your plans with your surgeon.

Dr. B