Will Thermage be effective at reducing my sagging abdomen and deep stretch marks? (photos)

I am 22 I had two children. And I have lost a lot of weight and worked out but the skin on my lower abdomen is saggy and I have deep stretch marks. I am young and I want to find a solution for this solution without surgery what do you think is the best option for my case ? And thank you :)

Doctor Answers 4

Thermage for Skin Tightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have sagging skin around the abdomen you will certainly have the best result with an abdominoplasty.  However, if you have decided against surgery, then Thermage is a good option for you.  As long as you have realistic expectations and don't expect a surgical result you won't be disappointed.  It is important to find a board certified Dermatologist with a great deal of experience for the best cosmetic results.

Thermage on abdomen and stretch marks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi. From your photograph your best result is likely to be with a tummy tuck. However if you are considering further children or do not want an operation then Thermage is the best skin-tightening laser available. This is very safe, and has had over 1,000,000 treatments performed worldwide. Thermage gives over 90% of people an improvement with just one treatment - see the link below for more information and photos. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

Nonsurgical skin tightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on the photo you posted, your situation looks challenging for anything nonsurgical.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon makes sense, if you are done with having children--it wouldn't make sense to have surgery if you would be having more children.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

You might also like...

Nonsurgical methods of abdominal skin tightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Don't even think about Thermage!  The only thing that will help in your case is surgery.  If you have misconceptions about it, seeing a board certified plastic surgery might allay your concerns. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.