Which Would Have the Best Result with my Buffalo Hump: Liposuction, liposculpture, or Vaser Liposculpture? (photo)

Good day doctors, I am a healthy 30 year old lady,153.5 cm in height, 52 kg in weight and have a familial buffalo hump that i want to get rid of. Although I reached once 48 kg , that hump remained as it is.. So, I was aiming for vaser liposculpture but I have heard that this kind of fat is fibrous and the classic liposuction would be a better option and even that sometimes an incision is needed.... kindly help me with your advice,

Which Would Have the Best Result with my Buffalo Hump: Liposuction, liposculpture, or Vaser Liposculpture?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Buffalo Hump: Liposuction, liposculpture, or Vaser Liposculpture

Either the VASER or PAL (power assisted lipo) will be able to treat the more fibrous fat in that area. I doubt that an incision would be needed. All the best. 

Buffalo hump

Hi 

thanks for the post. This is a common request. Generally the fat is very fibrous and needs the PAL and possible Ultrasound first to break up the fibrous fat. If the skin is sagging, in extreme cases, I will also cut out and remove a wedge of skin. This does not sound like your problem. 

Your "hump" does look like it would benefit from the liposuction. However, it's important to get medical clearance first. There is a condition of hormonal imbalance called  Cushing's sydrome. This is due to an excess of cortisol hormone. This can lead to several health problems and needs to be ruled out  before having surgery. 

I don't want to scare you and this hump is smaller than most cushing's patients, but nevertheless you want to be sure it isn't something to treat before proceeding. 

Bennett Yang, MD
washington DC

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Buffalo Lump and Liposuction

Although these humps are harder to suction, conventional liposuction or power assisted liposuction is appropriate to remove this.  I have done this for lipodystrophy in many different scenarios due to many different medical conditions.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Power assisted liposuction is the only thing that really works on buffalo humps.

Power canulas or PAL are like jackhammers pounding that fibrous tissue to get the fat and fibrous tissue out of buffalo humps. It is effective and easy to undergo under local tumescent anesthesia but don't waste your money on lasers or ultrasound lipos since they don't touch fibrous tissue fat deposits. Also in other areas, if you've had lipo  before or had a tummy tuck, then you have most likely some or alot of fibrous tissue with the fat so you need PAL to break it up and remove it -not laser or ultrasound or freezing etc...Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction

The only incisions that you would need would the access points for traditional liposuction.  Performed by an experienced surgeon you should have na excellent result.

Buffalo Hump Treatment

This is easily correctable.  I recommend laser lipo with power assisted liposuction.  I prefer Smart Lipo and NIL since it works the best and is the most comfortable.  Your hump can be easily removed under local anesthesia with light oral sedation.  There should be only one incision and it's no bigger than 2 mm.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS