Ematrix and isotretinoin?

I have read from pamphlets that eMatrix may not be done if you are currently taking Isotretinoin. So I would like to know the reason why so? Is the ematrix is safe while i am on Isotretinoin? Thank you.

EMatrix for acne scars and isoretinoin - #eMatrix #WilliamsvilleAcneTreatment

I tell my patients to stop using it for 24 hours or to continue using it without any problems.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

Officially off Accutane for 6 months... but

There is a paper that will be released in the next few months regarding 630 cases of eMatrix performed on patients on low dose accutane (20 mg per day or less), using no more than 50 mj per pin. This was my study, however the treatment protocols may not be shared by others. In this study I excluded criteria such as patients with a history of hypertrophic - keloid scars, hence this treatment may not be for everyone. Additionally I considered other factors including post procedure antivirals and antibiotics, as well as special pre and post treatment aftercare. 

Bottom line- safe if you know what you are doing, however more studies are needed. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ematrix and Accutane

Ematrix is a fabulous laser for acne scars.  You need to be off Accutane for at least six months before you have the procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Ematrix and isotretinoin

You should not have Ematrix done while on isotretinoin.  Isotretinoin impairs your skin's ability to heal, and you are more prone to complications such as hyeprpigmentation or infection.  Most sources say to wait about 6 months after finishing isotretinoin before undergoing anything that injures the skin.  Isotretinoin is out of your system in 30 days, so that is the bare minimum of time needed to wait - it depends on your provider's comfort.  I would recommend consultation with a board-certified dermatologist for their recommendation.

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon