Tenting or symmastia (Photo)

Does it look like I'm renting or developing symmastia? I'm two weeks post op. Saline unders r-300cc,l-285 cc. I'm scared of having to do revisions.

Symmastia

Thank you for posting your question. 
You have a very typical appearance of a post-operative breast. Over time, your skin will stretch and the implants will "settle". You should have a very nice results. If you are still concerned, I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Normal healing process

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change and the swelling everywhere will go down. It can take 3-4 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. So far your result looks great! Be patient with your recovery and be sure to keep any scheduled follow ups you have with your surgeon for proper post-op care. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes,M.D.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia Concerns

Hi Lotus Love. From what I can see in the photo, your results look fine for 2 weeks post-op. It's not uncommon for the breasts to look high, firm, and round so soon after surgery. The skin may even feel tight and appear shiny. It takes weeks or months for the swelling to subside, and for the skin and muscles to adjust, allowing the implants to settle into their final appearance. If you're really worried, definitely share your concerns with your surgeon. He or she would not want you worrying unnecessarily. Good luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS

Results Look Good For So Soon After Breast Augmentation - No Symmastia

Thank you for the picture. As the other surgeons have said, your results look good for just 2 weeks after your surgery. It is normal for your skin to look "tight" at the moment. Over the course of about 3-4 months, your skin will gradually adjust to your implants. Your breasts will also settle so that they look more natural. Although your breasts are close together, there is no indication of symmastia or "tenting". Each breast appears separate from the other. Symmastia is much less likely to occur when the implants are under the muscle because the pecs insert into the chest bone and won't let the implants come together.   

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Risk of synmastia.

Based on your photos I don't see any sign of issues centrally in your chest.  I think your result looks great for two weeks.  Hang in there with your surgeon.

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Tenting or symmastia two weeks after surgery?

It is too early to tell but you have to let the breasts stretch and settle. It looks like you will be fine but don't get in rush to do anything for several months until they finished settling.  Keep in touch with your PS and he can guide you through this.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia

From the photos that you submitted everything looks OK but you are very early post op to have such concerns. Give everything several months then reevaluate. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Symmastia

You do not have symmastia.  You have the typical appearance of a post operative breast augmentation.  Be patient and your implants will settle out over time.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tenting or symmastia

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Based on the  photograph, you do not have symmastia ( you may find the attached link, demonstrating true cases of breast implant displacement interesting to you). It is likely that you have some swelling  and/or tenting in the cleavage area.  Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best resource for advice/reassurance. Best wishes.

Tenting or symmastia

Again ONLY 2 weeks after surgery! You still have selling. Allow 3 months of healing but I see not issue as presented in your posted photo...