Is It Possible to Get Tattoos Removed from the Eyelids?

Yes

This certainly can be done. However, be sure that the physician you chose is an expert in lasers and that he/she has an array of lasers at their disposal. You do not want an inappropriate laser used in which the intensity or power is increased to compensate for an inexact wavelength. Some would even try to mistakenly erase a tattoo with an IPL. Q switched lasers (nd:Yag, Ruby, and Alexandrite) are superior for their short pulse duration and peak power.

Working around the eye is not a problem as long as a good eye shield is used.

There are a number of dermatologists and plastic surgeons who specialize in tattoo removal. I would seek one of them.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Eyelid Tattoo Removal

Tattoo removal of the eyelid is absolutely safe so long as corneal shields are in place.   The laser of choice for this procedure based on laser physics would be a laser that has minimal heat generation.   The laser on that market that provides this is the picosecond laser class.   There are two that I am knowledgeable of and can attest that the PicoWay has the lowest heat generation as compared to others on the market.  The less heat, the less side effects to the eyelid skin, specifically scarring.   Certainly ghosting, a light discoloration left where the tattoo was, can result with any tattoo removal laser.  This is minimized as well with the picosecond laser as this phenomenon has been correlated to the amount of heat generation during removal.  

Thank you for the opportunity and don't hesitate to contact my office with further questions.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser eyelid tattoo removal

Yes, you can have laser tattoo removal with eye shields present. Seek the skills of an experienced plastic surgeon. This will likely require muliple treatments and may result in some temorary loss of your eyelashes

Eyelid tattoo removal

I would agree with Dr. Rand -- visit a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. Your removal options are more limited for upper eyelid tattoos than body tattoos. Scarring is much more of a concern.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid tatoo removal

This is something you'd need to see a plastic surgeon about. The only 2 options would be surgical excision or lasering. Both are very dependent on the skin of the eyelid, where the tatoo is located, and how much extra skin you might have.