I had a swollen, hard, tender lump on the right side of my abdomen after my first treatment. Should I continue?

The dermatologist said it was okay--take Ibuprofen. It is still sore and I am wondering if I should continue or was this a big mistake?No photo necessary--a hard lump on my right side of my abdomen (and feeling more swollen because of that then reduced).

Vanquish: Possible Side Effects

Vanquish is an FDA-approved non-invasive body contouring, skin tightening and fat reduction treatment requiring no surgery or downtime. The treatment is designed to sculpt and reduce problem areas resistant to diet and exercise. Vanquish effectively destroys stubborn fat in the upper and lower abdomen, love handles, back, saddle bags, inner thighs and upper arms
After completion, individuals may experience temporary redness, puffiness, or tenderness, but can resume daily activities immediately. Post-treatment hydration and light exercise helps to improve lymphatic drainage and elimination of fat cells. We ask our patients to drink at least 8 glasses of water for a few days following treatment. Results are not seen immediately. It takes time for the body to expel the dead fat cells and it requires successful completion of your recommended series of treatments to see the final result. Occassionally, a fat nodule will take several more weeks to completely resolve.

#Vanquishtreatments   #Vanquishsideeffects   #fatnodules

Fat necrosis after Vanquish

Having had Vanquish on myself I can tell you that this goes away in about a week. Its actually a sign that enough energy was transmitted to the fat to cause early cell death resulting in these firm areas that we call fat necrosis. I would wait until it resolves before doing another treatment.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

FAT NECROSIS AFTER VANQUISH TREATMENT

This is a condition that occurs in a small percentage of patients . The reason is sudden lysis of a large group of fat cells, it makes a lump. The medical term is fat necrosis. Basically, it proves that the Vanquish treatment works, perhaps too well or too quickly in those instances. If you wait an extra week or so, the mass will soften up considerably and you may continue with the treatment. 
Ahmet Karaca MD

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon