Do I have too much side boob? (photos)

I feel like I have a lot more fullness on the outside of my breast in comparison to the cleavage. I'm wondering if they are going to move more inward once they settle, or if that's just how they are going to remain? I'm 2 months post-op, 5'4", 134 lbs, no kids, sientra textured round 385 CCs, under the muscle, inframammary incision. The photos show the fullness from the side compared to the cleavage. The right boob also has a noticeable flat spot, but is higher than left side. Thoughts on that?

Implant Position and Side Boob

Your implants do not appear to be too far lateral on your chest. From the photos, it does appear like the pocket on the right breast is tighter on the inner aspect inferiorly which may be causing the implant to sit higher. Continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Breast Implants

Based on the pics, it doesn't appear to me that you have too much "side boob", but I agree that you have some asymmetry with the right side higher than the left and some more fullness on that right side.  I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon and convey your concerns so you can see what options you have.  Sometimes aggressive massage may help, but let your surgeon direct you on that.
Good luck and take care,
Dr. Howell

Tight pocket

Seems your pocket is a little tight and high too, maybe massaging helps but honestly I am not much optimistic that you could waive a revisional procedure in the future.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Implant position

It appears the implants are not positioned too far to the side of your chest. The lower, inner portion of the pocket on the right breast does a appear tight, which displaces the right implant slightly upward and may take away some cleavage. It is hard to say if this will settle or improve over time. Best to follow up closely with your surgeon.

Breast augmentation

The appearance of the implants are related to your overall anatomy. Your chest is wide in the photos.  Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Do I have too much side boob?

The breast implant needs to be centered behind the nipple.  In some cases, this can be varied slightly to accommodate certain problems that one patient may have compared to another.  The inner border of the implant pocket is determined by the point where the muscle attaches to the breastbone.  The diameter of the implant which is determined in large part by the size of the implant will determine how much fullness there is laterally.  

You should return to your plastic surgeon with your concerns especially with regard to the difference in height which may settle with time.

Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Do I have too much side boob?

Implants have to be placed under the nipple. Otherwise if placed near the cleavage area the nipples would be pointing toward your arms.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon at your next visit.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD