I have 2 different sizes of breast implants: Will they settle even and will my nipples look even as well? (Photo)

I had my BA 16 days ago, I have Mentor 375cc in my left breast and Sientra 405cc in the right one. Since day 1, my right nipple (which is the bigger implant) is higher than the left one and the breast still looks a little bigger than the left one as well. I would like to know that if with time they will settle even and if the nipples will look even as well. My surgeon told me I have to wait at least 3 months to tell, but I'm a little concern. Please answer me, thanks! (:

Breasts implants will settle

and get softer and hopefully, more symmetrical.  Your nipples appear to be a completely different levels and it would be a nice surprise if they found a way to level.  At this juncture, focus on having equal upper poles since that is what shows.  It would be interesting for the bleacher docs to know why different manufacturers were used in your case.  Your surgeon is asking for your patience... try to do that and when the time is up, get critical of your results and see what can be done to provide a better outcome as revisions can always improve results.

Different size implants

I've heard of using different size implants, but never implants from 2 manufacturers.  Hmmm. Interesting concept.  Do you know why your PS did that?
It's still way to early to tell what the end result will be.  Many pts take about 3 months for the implants to settle.

Two different breast implants from different manufacturers

I do not see your before photos, so it is hard to comment on any asymmetry.  In all likelihood you had asymmetry before surgery and it may be magnified now, particularly early in your course. I would agree to wait 3 months before making any decisions. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

2 different sizes (and manufacturers) of breast implants--will they end up the same?

None of us here has a crystal ball, and none of us would need to be a plastic surgeon if we could reliably predict the future. Not being snarky, just honest!

But I too am interested in your surgeon's thought process. Virtually every woman has breast asymmetry pre-op, and many of us will use different implant sizes to try to accommodate for these differences in our quest for as much symmetry as possible, especially since "Jello-mold" perfect symmetry is both unrealistic and impossible. Usually if the patient or surgeon can see a visible difference (barely), there is at least a 60cc (2 ounce) minimum difference. Larger discrepancies are possible, of course, and can be even more difficult to estimate accurately.

I have even used two different implant sizes AND two different profiles to best even-out a patient's asymmetric breast AND chest wall asymmetry.

But never two different implant manufacturers, unless it is a re-do situation and the patient only wants one implant changed or replaced. So, I'm curious why your surgeon would introduce what most of us would consider yet another variable in an attempt to improve symmetry.

The short answer to your question is "No one here knows"  or "Wait, and see what happens." I have to assume that you chose your plastic surgeon carefully, and that s/he chose your implants just as carefully, with good reason for using two different implants by two different manufacturers, with different sizes and dimensions. BTW, I have no problems with any implant manufacturer since all three USA implant companies make fabulous products.They are all well-tested, engineered, and reliable. the differences are really subtle, though each company wants you (and us) to think the differences are substantial. They are not.

Actually the true variability is in the surgeon chosen, and how and what we do! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I have 2 different sizes of breast implants: Will they settle even and will my nipples look even as well?

This is your second posting. Nothing has changed, especially your surgeon's use of two completely different implants. You also had asymmetry before the operation now it is magnified...

Different implant sizes

Thank you for your picture. You have different size implants which have different volumes obviously and different footprints. They should settle over the next three months but my suspicion is that you will have a bit of an asymmetry based on the different sizes and different footprints. I would wait three months before making a final decision. Best wishes.

Earl Stephenson Jr MD DDS FACS

Concerned re breast augmentation result

• Your surgeon is right, it takes time for implants to settle when they are placed under the muscle,
  • You do have to give it time. 
  • Your L implant looks as though it has already begun.
  • Just hand in with your surgeon and give it time. Best wishes.