Smartlipo w/suction done 5 weeks ago - No results?

Good morning! So I had smart lipo done on Sept 22nd. It has been 5 weeks and I dont see ANY results. The only good thing is all the bruising is gone and the stiches are out but other than that nothing. I feel I look the same as I did before the surgery just with scars all over me. I am pretty depressed about this as that was a lot of money I handed over in trust that it would help me. I went in very realistic too. I knew I was not going ot loose weight but rather be more contored and shaped. I was about 175lbs and I had my inner/outer thighs, upper/lower abdomen, side and back love handles and the bra roll. The doctor took a total of 4500CC's out of me (ps all of this was done in one session under general anethesia so he was able to get pretty agressive). I mean I know I am probably still swollen and I was not expecting to see a significant change till thanksgiving/xmas time but I thought after 5 weeks I would see a little bit. I walk to and from work everday (about a mile) plus in the am I do 50 crunches and I get up and move as much as I can. Also, I eat relatively healthy, oatmeal for bfast, salad for lunch and then a white meat, veggie and a carb of some sort for dinner. Yes on sundays I will have a couple beers while watching football but I highly doubt a couple drinks here and there would cause me to see no result. I just want to know is it normal to feel this way after 5 weeks and to not see results??

Swelling can last months

It can take a few months for swelling to subside, and if you do too much physically you can actually contribute to the swelling. I would suggest you see your surgeon to talk to them about your results and see if swelling is hiding them.

Swelling can last months

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Swelling after 5 weeks

Swelling, and some lumpiness/ uneveness is normal but the fluctuation should lessen over 6-9 months. You should be noticing less swelling over time not more. You can also have some numbness intially and that too will generally resolve over 6-9 month but could take up to a year. Follow up with your plastic surgeon to make sure you are on course.

Swelling after 5 weeks

Bra-line

You are very early in the healing process. Did you wear the compression clothing. I think you will see results closer to three monts and even longer

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Bra-line

David A. Bray, Sr., MD