I Have Small 34B Breasts, Can I Go to 34D Breasts Without Looking Too Fake? (photo)

I am 5'4 117 lbs 19 years old with one child. I want to have round breasts, but not so round they are fake looking, i want them to be big too, but not so big they look bad on my small frame. i am a small 34B/full 34A depending on the bra. how many CC's or how large can i go without looking incredibly fake?

I Have Small 34B Breasts, Can I Go to 34D Breasts Without Looking Too Fake?

Thanks for you question and for the posted photos. I think you questions will be best answered in the setting of an in person consulation. 

I do note that your breasts are rather widely separated, and that may well be more noticeable with implants. 

As a rule, the more implant and less breast tissue, the less natural the outcome. I would not recommend an increase as large as you would like if looking natural is important. Implant size would depend upon, among other things, measurements that would be taken at your consultation. At that time, your questions can best be answered.

All the best. 

Implants without looking fake

Thank you for your question. When a patient mentions natural looking, they are normally referring to the upper pole fullness of the breast after breast augmentation. There are two considerations with breast augmentation as far as implant selection goes. Shaped implants and lower profile implants will decrease the amount of upper pole fullness compared to the higher profile round implants. In addition, size will increase the entire breast, so a very large size will fill out the upper portion of the breast to a greater degree than a smaller size.
I would recommend visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your concerns in more detail and try some external sizers to get a feel and visual of what you will look like.

Natural looking breast enhancement

A great breast augmentation surgeon will be able to help you achieve larger breasts, without making them look incredibly fake. You should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon so he/she can examine you in person and then provide you with implant sizers to try on to get an idea of how different cc's will look on your frame. Together you can decided the best type of implant to give you the more natural looking results you want. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

What looks fake?

Great question - what looks fake to you may be very different from what I think looks fake.  Best to try on implants in a bra - in the office  - and to use this metric to determine what you like best - and what you find most attractive...  Do not worry what I think looks fake - let's find a size that YOU find most attractive-  that is most important!  Best of luck.

Choosing implants

Thank you for the question. As I stress with my patients, the choice of implant size and type would best be done through an in-person examination. There are a lot of factors that can affect your choice like the desired end result, breast tissue, body measurements, and the like. Bra sizes can be better determined once all of these information have been gathered. It would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full evaluation for your concerns. Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast aims

You certainly can achieve a fairly natural but augmented look but will need to place the implants under the muscle to keep hints natural at that size as you are very slim in the upper chest

Find a surgeon with imaging technology--then decide for yourself.

It’s virtually impossible to answer this question without a consultation and physical examination for a variety of reasons. When choosing breast implants for breast augmentation, we’re not interested in implant size but instead, we’re interested in the appropriate implant fit.I want to achieve harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures.
Terminology is also important.I find that not everyone’s idea of a D-cup is the same and this potentially, can lead to confusion as well.
The best approach to resolve this issue is consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.In an effort to minimize confusion, I utilize both implant sizers and the 3D Vectra Computer imaging system.These two systems help the surgeon understand the patient’s aesthetic goals.They also significantly alleviate the anxiety that many patients experience regarding breast implant size.

Natural Looking Breast Implants

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body. Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

You Have To Take a Variety of Measurements First

This all depends on a variety of measurements of your original, pre-surgery body contour and your desired outcome. A variety of variables are considered, including your height, weight, breast width, breast height, distance between nipple and breast fold, as well as your desired cup size to determine the most suitable implant size, type and specific surgical technique. Based on all of these measurements, you can then determine how many cc's would look natural, or unnatural. Best of luck!

Implant Selection Process

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD