Skin Medica Chemical Peels?

Hi Have had the medium Skin medical Peel done - then two weeks later the deepest Skin Medica Chemical Peel Performed to get rid of some brown patches on my face. I go back August 20th for my second deepest one offered by Skin medica. I am really not seeming much results. SHould I be doing something else?

I want younger brighter skin right now!

Skin Medica offers 3 levels of peels to address unwanted lines and unwanted pigmentation, brighten the overall appearance of the skin and improve skin texture. 

The Illuminize peel. This is the gentlest of the 3 peels and a good peel for first time patients. 

The Vitalize peel. This peel is the medium level peel. It is for mild to moderate skin imperfections. After 1 peel you will notice some improvement in your skin, however, Skin Medica recommends that these peels be done in a series of 3-6 peels to see maximum effect. 

The Rejuvenize peel: This is the strongest of the peels and is for moderate to severe imperfections. This peel will go deep into the surface layers and will give the most dramatic result. This peel can be repeated every 6-8 weeks. 

These peels work best if you do them as a series. You should begin to see improvement as you continue to complete a series of peels. 

If these peels are still not giving you the improvement you want, you might ask your Doctor about a TCA peel. A TCA peel provides an peel deeper than the deepest Skin Medica peel. I am attaching a link to my webpage that gives more information about the TCA peel. 

The Skin Medica and TCA peels are not for everyone. Make sure that you are having them done by a trained professional who will be able to analyze your skin to determine which type of peel is best for you. 

Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

Skin Medica Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. I would see your board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and determine your skin condition, skin type, and plan a therapy that is individualized to your skin type. You may need more aggressive treatments or you may have melasma, which is a much more severe condition that is more difficult to treat.  Thus a good evaluation and diagnosis of the type of pigment is important to plan your therapy. I hope this helps.

No improvement with skin medica chemical peels.

Dear Patient,

It depends on the origin of the brown patches. Are these sun spots, melasma, or post-trauma or inflammation pigmentation? Chemical peels help with these in various ways and after multiple treatments. If you tolerated the rejuvenize (strongest) skin medica peel well, you may need several of these treatments to see better results. Discuss this with your cosmetic physician. Additionally, combination approach is the best, when it comes to treatment of dark skin discolorations. So adding an ideal skin regiment with lightening agent, sunscreen and exfoliating wash, may enhance your end results. Good luck. 

Marianna Blyumin-Karasik, MD
Davie Dermatologist

Pigmenation Issues

Peeling is as much an art as it is a science.  Seeing a skin care expert can help determine with peel is best for your specific needs.  Peeling is not limited to just chemical peels as LASER peels can be effective alternatives to hyperpigmentation issues.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Melarase creams + Melapeels for the skin

Our office specializes in chemical peels in Los Angeles. We routinely recommend the Melapeel, once monthly to reduce pigmentation and signs of premature aging. Often, these are combined with Melarase creams at home.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS