Can I have a hair transplant (FUT) to fill in temple corners? Approximate cost range? (Photo)

Hello again, Docs! I am a 25 y/o female and am interested in filling my temples with a hair transplant. My hairline is stable and has been like this since I was born. Also there is no female-pattern baldness in my family. I have fine, curly, dirty blonde (almost brown) hair and a high forehead (don't mind the height). The corners are all that bother me I would like them filled in to create a less wide more feminine hairline. Approx. cost? # of grafts? Possible good candidate? Thanks in advance!

25 year old male wants a hair transplant

I love to work on Blonde men as the results are usually much better than dark haired men. The estimated cost would depend upon the number of grafts you need and that would be determined in an examination. I would expect that the cost would range somewhere between 5,000- 7,000 for an FUE for a standard Class 3 patient with an early class 3 balding pattern

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Lowering the hairline

You are a good candidate to lower your hair line, just from the pictures I would estimate about 1200 to 1500  grafts would be sufficient. However the final count is given when you are evaluated  in person. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

# Grafts

Thank you for pics.  You appear to be a good candidate.  We use NeoGraft, an automated FUE which avoids a linear scar.  Roughly 1500 grafts should cover your region of concern.  We charge up to $7.00 a graft.

Tim Neavin, MD

FUE Transplants For Temple Corners

Hi Elijahhh,

You would be a good candidate for FUE transplants. Grafts typically range between $4 - $6 per graft. A thousand grafts cover the size of a CD. A physical consultation is necessary to determine the number of grafts that will work best for you.

Hope this helps & best of luck,
Dr. Broadway

Yes

You are a good candidate for transplant.  It would take between 500-1000 grafts total.  Each practice will have its own way of pricing but be careful about price shopping.  Like most things in life you get what you pay for.  Good luck!

Adam Saad, MD
Atlantic City Plastic Surgeon

Yes possible and sure

we utilize  the "FUE" system  quick and easy, could  go  both sides  about 1,000  grafts the total cost  could be around $2,000 usd  everything  included more information click.myplasticsurgeoninmexico.com

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a hair transplant?

It appears that you might need about 500 -700 hairs per side. The cost of this procedure would be range from 5500 to 7000. This would be based on the number of grafts needed. In my office we use Neograft. This is a non-strip method of hair transplantation. I hope this helps.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Filling in the temples

This area is about 5 cm x 5 cm (approx)

To create a nice density it a first procedure, it would be great to add 400-500 to each side. That would enable 35-40 follicular units per square cm

Costs vary with surgeons, but $ 4000-7000 would be pretty standard in North America for this size procedure

Need an examination to see if you are a good candidate for any surgery

If you want the corner areas rounded out (fill in the temples), a hair transplant surgery may be a great option.  However, you need an examination to see if you are a good candidate for any surgery.  Need to know your donor hair quality, possible further hair loss, etc.

The cost can range from $5000 to $10,000 depending on the doctor, the type of surgery, and your specific goals. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon