ThermiTight: What is the downtime after treatment?

Is there any downtime after ThermiTight? Will one need to book any time off of work?

Downtime following ThermiTight is minimal

Downtime following ThermiTight is very minimal. There will be some swelling and tenderness, and there may be some bruising as well. The majority of the swelling generally resolves within a few days, although residual swelling may last longer. Bruises can be covered with makeup if they occur. Rarely, small areas of firm tissue can occur which resolve in a few weeks. I would recommend having the treatment on a Friday so that you can use the weekend to recover and be ready to go back to work on Monday.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight and time off of work

Most patients will take off the day of the procedure. The following day, many are usually ready to return back to work with mild swelling to the neck and lower face. This gradually resolves over the following days where most return back to normal daily activities with little to no bruising present.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight: minimally invasive = minimal downtime

Worried about downtime due to recovery? Dr. Edward Dickerson describes why ThermiTight is a great option for those with busy schedules.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight Offers Minimal Down Time

There is very minimal downtime with the ThermiTight procedure.  This has created a new category of procedures that has been termed "microinvasive".  Most patients that have the procedure on a Thursday or Friday are absolutely ready for work on that following Monday.  The most common "down time" is some swelling, tenderness, numbness and very occasional bruising that can last for a few days to a week.  I see my patients back around 1 week after the procedure and none of the patients that I have treated have any bruising at that point.  It is a great procedure that fills a need between non-invasive energy based devices and surgical procedures.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight Downtime

Thank you for your question. ThermiTight is a minimally invasive procedure that requires little downtime. Downtime post procedure depends on the area(s) treated. Typically with all ThermiTight procedures some level of swelling and possible bruising can be expected. We ask our patients to refrain from excessive exercise or heavy lifting for 1 weeks. I urge you to find a qualified physician for a comprehensive consultation

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Downtime after ThermiTight

ThermiTight is quite tolerable. It is minimally invasive and performed under local anesthesia, with very little downtime. Some slight redness and swelling is expected but lasts only a day or two. It is always nice to have a day or two off after a procedure like this. Most patients are able to return to normal activities after 24 hours.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Downtime with ThermiTight for facial and neck lifting and tightening in my NYC practice

There can be bruising and if it occurs after ThermiTight performed for facial sagging or neck looseness, this bruising can take more than one week to disappear but concealer can be used very soon after the procedure.  Swelling can be mild for several days but it is not realistic to expect no swelling.  The heat generated from the radiofrequency causes temporary swelling. Some patients need more heat because their skin has more sundamage, less elasticity and more sagging.  I have seen clinically that more heat induces more days of swelling and the most aggressive procedure can cause the swelling to be up to two weeks, but this is the minority of cases.  Don't schedule this treatment if you need to look presentable less than a week or two after ThermiTight, just in case you have this prolonged swelling.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermitight: time off work.

Due to the need for local anesthesia only, Thermitight requires only 2-3 days recovery.  Swelling will persist for a week, but at a much reduced amount.  Results begin to be seen in just a few weeks.  It can be very an impressive non-operative treatment.

H. Michael Roark, MD