Why choose epidural over general anesthesia for surgery?

Why do some DR Doctors use epidural block as opposed to general anesthesia for combined procedures I.e BBL with liposculpture and breast lift all at once?

Why Choose Epidural?

The majority of surgeons use general anesthesia for these procedures. When delivered by an experienced board certified anesthesiologist, it is safe, more consistent, and allows for a greater variety of procedures to be performed in a single setting. A breast lift cannot be done under epidural as the level of anesthesia would be so high that it would interfere with your respiratory muscles and you would stop breathing. When an epidural is recommended it is often because the surgical facility does not have the appropriate certification or personnel to safely provide general anesthesia. There may be a cost savings but it comes at the expense of your overall safety.

General Anesthetsia For Lipo

I do all my cases this way, its safer and you can get better outcomes especially using a hi def approach.  Best. Dr. Emer.