Does the ResurFX treatment hurt?

ResurFx is well tolerated

Resurf FX treatment is very well tolerated. Depending on which area is being treated, some may be more sensitive than others. We apply a topical numbing cream that we allow to set for 15 to 20 minutes which markedly reduces any discomfort to the treated area. At the end of your treatment, you may experience warmth to the treated area where we can apply a cold compress if the area feels uncomfortable.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

ResurFX treatment well tolerated

I recently started using the ResurFX in my practice.    I had a treatment performed on myself with topical anesthetic cream (numbing cream).   The procedure felt like superficial needle pricks - very well tolerated.  Afterwards mild burning sensation lasting 30 minutes. 

Linda J. Banta, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist

ResurFX Treatment is Not Very Painful

The ResurFX laser treatment is not very painful. Patients may experience some temporary discomfort. The ResurFX handheld device has built-in contact cooling in order to ensure the patient is comfortable during the treatment. We also used cold air cooling and for some patients topical anesthetic creams to limit the discomfort.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon