I'm Asian. Can I have Ematrix at level C setting?

Hi, I'm Asian. I have acne scar on my cheeks. So far I had 3 treatment of Ematrix starting from level A to B. My last treatment was setting at B 44. I wanted to do at level C but my aesthetician told me that she could do only level B for me because Level C isn't recommened for Asian skin, is it true? I have heard that Ematrix will work best for acne scar when you do on highest setting. I'm thinking to get more treatment but I'm not sure that I should find a new aesthetician. Thank you!

EMatrix and Settings

Ematrix is a fabulous laser for acne scars and improves tone and texture as well.  I have done many type III skin and type IV skin patients with eMatrix with the C setting and have had amazing results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with the eMatrix for the best cosmetic results.

Ematrix for Acne scar in Santa Monica

Ematrix provides sublative rejuvenation of the facial skin to improve acne scars and surface contour. I have personally had outstanding results on my Asian patients with a moderate to high setting without problems.

Thank you,

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ematrix candidates and settings

You should be fine with a treatment at level C. If there is any concern, a test area could be done.  Indeed the device will be more effective for acne scarring when it is used at the higher settings.

Cynthia Yalowitz, MD
Westchester Dermatologist

Depends..overall ematrix is safe in Asian skin

OK, as an Asian Dermatologist, I can speak from experience as I have had eMatrix and CO2 Fractional laser as well. The key is not to overlap, but most importantly no tanning 3 weeks pre and 3 weeks post. 

If you have darker skin eg. skin type 4-5 Asian and above, I might use hydroquinone pre and post. I also use a stat dose of steroid ointment after the treatment, and start sunscreen as soon as your reaction settles- this is the key.

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and cosmetic dermatologist. 
westderm.com.au

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ematrix or Sublative at C

This is a reason why I suggest only getting laser or radiofrequency treatments by a well trained cosmetic dermatologist.  Sublative is very safe in ethnic skin types and program C even at multiple passes is safe but you would need a formal evaluation with a well trained laser physician who has expertise in treating asian skin and knows how to coordinate the skin care and followup treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ematrix sublative for all Skin Color Types

Ematrix uses fractionated radio-frequency.  Since radio frequency is "color blind", it can typically be performed at high energy levels for all skin color types.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

EMatrix for Asian skin

A lot of the published articles for eMatrix sublative RF treatments are in Asian patients. I refer you to their website for reading of these articles. 

Click on the link below to read these articles.