Will 375cc Silicone Unders Give a C Cup from 32a? (photo)

im a 32aa-32a very little tissue. i model so im very tall and thin. im 5'9 and 118lbs. everyone keeps telling me that once they go under the muscle i lose cc's. The doctor suggested 350-375 for a full C but idk if that will be enough. What do u think?

Breast Implant Sizing

In general about every 150cc puts you up on size.  However, this really depends on the patient's anatomy and existing breast tissues which can only be determined during your consultation.  So, the 375 might make you larger than a C cup if that is what you are looking for.  In addition to the volume or size, you also need to consider projection and also shape of the implant.  In my office, we use the VECTRA XT 3D imaging system to help patients choose their implant size, shape and projection.

Good Luck.

Cup Size and Breast Augmentation

I think that a 350cc-375cc implant will give you enough volume to achieve a "Victoria Secret" C cup size breast.  However, cup size is a not an ideal measurement of breast size because cup size is not standardized.  Department store cup sizes tend to run smaller than Victoria Secret; i.e. D cup at Victoria Secret would likely be a C cup at Dillards or Macy's.  A better way to determine your breast size goal is to try on sizers and to pick a volume that achieves the look that you desire.

You also mentioned some concern about going under the muscle and losing cc's.  Placing an implant under the muscle will not result in a smaller breast, but it will result in a more natural breast.  In patients with smaller breasts, I strongly recommend placing the implant under the muscle to give the patient a more natural feeling and appearing breast.

Best wishes with your surgery!

Patrick C. Wilson, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Will a 375 cc implant make me a C cup from an A cup?

Your height and weight measurements along with your photo suggest that a 375 cc implant will not be enough to make you a full C cup. You will most likely have to be in the low to mid 400cc's. And it may be preferable to use high-profile implants because yuor chest width may not adequayely accomodate larger implants. But, ultimately, you  need to be examined to make a final decision.

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Implant Size

350-375 cc seems to be an appropriate recommendation.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Consult in person with 2 other experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to better understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Don't rely on cup size

350-375 sounds fair for your body. Don't rely on cup size alone, though, since it varies by manufacturer. Try on some sizers to see what you think looks good instead of referring to cup size.

Implant Selection Process

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Will 375 cc give a C cup?

Given that you are tall and slim, 375cc may give you full-C cup or even D cup depending on the bra that you wear.  Although it is difficult to advise on a size without examining you in person, if you want to have a larger implant, you may consider ultra-high profile 400cc implant.

Size

You are very tall and thin. The breast diameter is more important for your sizing than the volume. I would stay away from the high profile and ultra high profile styles. They do not look very natural on models

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

Breast cup size is somewhat subjective, in fact VERY subjective.  But given your goals,  I think that 375 is a good choice.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implant size selection

It is generally not a good idea to focus so much on cup size when planning your breast augmentation procedure because cup size is not standardized.  In other words, a c cup to one person could be a d cup to another.  Cup size depends on your preferred designer.   I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX