Allergan Natrelle Inspira Moderate or Full? Unsure about meaning.

Hi all. So my P.S. will use the newer Natrelle Inspira implants. I was hoping to get a moderate plus, but the only options o the catalog I see are moderate, full and extra full. Is full the same as moderate plus or high profile? Since the new inspira is "fuller" does moderate really mean moderate plus? Thank you!

Implant dimensions, not categories, are interchangable.

Hi Saltlakeclimbers.  The only way to know for sure is to match the implant dimensions for your particular volume under the different categories-something that appears in your PS' catalog.  More than likely, the full, high and moderate plus categories will be the closest in height for any given volume but the diameters will vary.  The narrower base and higher fill ratio of the Inspira implants make them more difficult to translate.  Your PS is best suited to guide you on correct implant selection based off of their experience and your examination, guided of course by your preferences.  Good luck!

Inspira Moderate or Full? Unsure about meaning.

Thank you for your question and I can understand your confusion.  The best way to compare the styles of implants is to look at the exact dimensions of each in order to compare sizes appropriately.  That said moderate is closer to moderate plus implants, full with high profile and extra full with ultra high profile.  Hope this helps.

Allergan Natrelle Inspira Moderate or Full? Unsure about meaning

Great question.  I think it's a good idea to look at the specific projection, diameter and volume numbers in addition to the profile description.  Although Inspira is described as having increased fullness, it can be confusing to compare the different Inspira profiles to the Classic Natrelle profiles.  For example, if you look at the Inspira Moderate 375cc implant, it has a diameter of 13cm and projection of 4.3cm.  Compare that to its comparable size Moderate Plus 371cc Classic implant, that implant has a diameter of 12.9cm and projection of 4.1cm.  Looking at the actual numbers can be helpful in making your final decision.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Understanding breast implant profile terms

Allergan's previous line of Natrelle silicone implants had 3 profiles: low, moderate, and high. Other manufacturers use different terminology. The Inspira line has 5 profiles, which allows for more fine tuning but creates confusion. Forget the description, just choose the size you want, and your plastic surgeon will then determine the profile with the desired volume that best matches the base diameter of your breasts.

Richard Baxter, MD