Roof of Mouth Sensitive over a Year After Gum Grafting?

My concern is that to this day I have extreme sensitivity on the roof of my mouth where the tissue was taken from for the grafting around my 2 molars – and it’s been over a year. I can even feel where the stiches were. My perio told me this would go away or at least lessen significantly but it hasn’t. Any ideas what is going on and am I just going to have to deal with this forever? It is not painful, but it is very distracting to have half of my mouth very sensitive to even my tongue moving.

Sensitivity after gum graft

It takes a long time sometimes to heal after removing tissue from the roof of the mouth. There is a vast nervous plexus up there and if a surgeon cuts into it, there could be pain and weird sensations. The area has to be left to heal on its own without intervention. 

Toronto Periodontist

Roof of Mouth Strill Sensitive 1 Year after Grafting

I would suggest you obtain a second opinion from a Periodontist or an Oral Surgeon. It is unusual to still have sensitivity 1 year later.