Bruising after Cellulaze. Any suggestions?

I went through the cellulaze procedure on my butt and thighs 5 days ago and would like to expedite the healing process of the bruising. What wre the best ways to expedite the bruise healing process?

Bruising and Cellulaze

Thanks for your question. Bruising 5 days post-procedure is normal; each person reacts differently to treatment (genetics, skin type, etc. are some factors.) Severe bruising should vanish within the first couple of weeks as it is part of the healing process. Overall bruising may take a few months but you may want to consider arnica to help. Best Dr. Katz

Cellulaze and bruising

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Bruising is a normal result of cellulaze. In the process of detaching the deeper fibers that generate the dimpling, little vessels rupture. the use of Arnica and/or bromelin will help with the healing process.

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Bruising after cellulaze

Bruising after cellulaze is normal and varies from person to person.  It is important to wear compression and avoid sternuous exercise in the first few days after the procedure.  Although there is not a lot of scientific evidence to prove it, oral arnica montana and bromelain seem to help speed the recovery.  With severe brusing, there may occasionally be some pigmentation left behind called hemosiderin that may need to be treated with laser therapy.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruising After Cellulaze

Bruising and minor swelling are normal following Cellulaze laser cellulite treatment and may last 2-4 weeks.  Bruising is caused by mild trauma from the tiny laser wand that is inserted under the skin to break up the cellulite-causing fibers.  Waiting a few weeks for the bruising to resolve is your best bet, especially since you are wearing a compression garment for the first week in any case.  If your treating physician has a pulsed dye laser, it can be used to speed up the resolution time of bruises.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon