Zeltiq - How Long to See Results on Arms?

I had coolsculpting on my arms Jan 26th. I have read that people can see results within 3 weeks. So far there has been nothing (I have been measuring my arms) and I am nervous that it is not working for me! Does it take longer for the arms to see results?

How long to see results from CoolSculpting?

CoolSculpting is an excellent treatment for reducing stubborn fat on the arms. The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates the dead cells, leaving a more sculpted you. You may start to see changes as quickly as 3 weeks after your treatment and will experience the most dramatic results after 2 months. Your body will still continue to flush out fat cells for up to 4 to 6 months after treatment. You may need more than one session to achieve your ultimate goal. Follow up with the clinic where you were treated to review your before and after's and discuss any further treatments that may be needed. 

Portland Physician

Initial coolsculpting results at 1 month -- full results at 3 months

After coolsculpting, it takes about 4 weeks to see the initial results.  Full results take about 3 months. Although there is a small subgroup of patients who don't respond, generally the issue if you don't feel you've gotten results is that you just need another round of treatment.  Remember that each cycle (applicator) reduces fat in the treated area by 10 - 20%.  The number of treatments for a given area depends on the amount of fat you want treated.  In addition, the arms may have some laxity or sagging of the skin.  That doesn't become worse after coolsculpting but if that is your primary problem, then you need another type of procedure for that concern.

My recommendation is that anyone unhappy with their results make a follow up with their treating physician.  You can review your pre and post treatment photographs with her and determine a plan of action.

I hope this answer helps. Best wishes.

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Results of Coolscupting

The improvement can generally be seen at 3 weeks, but it typically takes 3 months to see the final result.  Most people require more than one treatment depending on degree of improvement needed and expectations. Best Results Shown at 4-6 Months.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting Provides Improvement in Body Contour That lasts!

Hello and thank-you for your question. Coolsculpting works on the basis that fat cells are more sensitive to cold than are surrounding tissues of the skin. During the Coolsculpting treatment the fat is cooled to cause cryolipolyis while carefully monitoring the temperature of the skin surface. The fat cells release their fat and shrink.  Unlike liposuction where the fat is removed, the released fat is metabolized and eliminated by your body.  The improvement can generally be seen at 3 weeks, but it typically takes 3 months to see the final result.  Most people require more than one treatment depending on degree of improvement needed and expectations. We utilize the new Cool Advantage applicators which are much more comfortable and reduce treatment time to 35 minutes.  We currently have 4 Coolsculpting machines and can offer "Dual Sculpting" which further reduces the treatment time.  I recommend keeping in touch withe the office of your treating physician and regular follow-up for optimal results.  Best wishes

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting for Upper Arm Fat

Yes! CoolSculpting with the Cool Fit applicator is the perfect fit for upper arm fat. Results become visible 4-6 weeks following treatment with improvement continuing for up to 4 months.  Upper arm fat may be more resistant than fat in other areas of the body.  It is definitely difficult to gain results through diet and exercise.  This area may require two applications on each arm to achieve your desired results.

Shehla Ebrahim, MD
Vancouver Physician

Zeltiq Results

Thank you for your question. You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Timing to see results

Please be patient.  Yes, some patients do see results after 3-4 weeks but the average is 2-4 months to really see the results. 

CoolSculpting Results

Brittney,  if it has only been 3 weeks, I would not be worried.   Most of our patients don't start to see results until 3 or 4 weeks after the procedure.  The first 2-3 weeks after treatment usually have a bit of swelling which is why you likely don't see results that early.  I suggest you be patient and wait.  You will continue to see improvements for 3-4 months after the treatment.

Grant Stevens, MD

How fast for results after Coolsculpting?

In most of my patients we are seeing results as early as 4 weeks. I would be patient and suggest that some people may not see the beginning of the change for 6-8 weeks.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting of the arms

Results can take as long as 12 weeks!

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including CoolSculpting® tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room. On our Facebook Page there is an Interview I recently did with KVUE, a local news station in Austin, that was picked by affiliates around the United States, including Miami. During the Interview we discussed the technology of Cool Sculpting as well as it application process.

The discomfort from treatment does resolve. Taking over the counter tylenol or naproxen resolves this in the majority of cases. If you have swelling that is persistent then a waist binder is helpful.