How can I remove part of my permanent eyeliner?

I had my 2nd touch-up for my eyeliner after several years but this time they made it way TOO THICK. Thicker than how I regularly drew them when I had no permanent eyeliner. And also the left eye is thicker (a lot) than the right eye and also crooked, while the right eye is fine and not that bad. I only want to remove/lighten SOME part (NOT everything) so that it won't be so thick, or just make it even with the right eye. Is there any way to get this done?

Removing Permanent Eyeliner

I agree completely with Dr. Ibrahami and would suggest making an appointment with a very skilled laser dermatologist who deals with many tattoos and their treatments and has several different treatment options available for you.

This is going to be a delicate group of procedures that require skill and expertise – find someone in your area very knowledgeable here so no further damage is done.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyeliner Tattoo Removal

Provided that the eyeliner is black, it can be easily removed, or softened and thinned in a  few treatments with Q-switched Nd:YAG and probably with even less treatment sessions using the newly developed  Picosure laser.
It is essential that you see a Specialist Medical Practitioner (Ideally a Dermatologist) with extensive experience in the use of tattoo removal laser.  The procedure should be carried out by the Doctor and will require internal metal eyeshields (like contact lenses) to protect eyes.  There may also be some  temporary loss of eyelashes.  The Doctor will also be able to use local anesthetic to reduce discomfort.  In my practice this procedure has been performed routinely and safely, for many years.
The most important part of the procedure is the eye protection, if eyeshields are not offered, do not proceed with the treatment. 

Phillip Bekhor, MBBS, FACD
Melbourne Dermatologist

Permanent Makeup Removal

Hi Owow. The permanent makeup can be removed but it cannot be "shaped" as you would like.  If you want the eyebrows shaped, then you would need to remove them completely with laser treatments and then have the artist redo them.  The laser is not designed in a way that it can take off only part of the eyebrow or shape it.  The good news is that it usually only takes a few treatments.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Eyeliner tattoo removal

See a dermatologist with advanced training in laser surgery. This is a very complex issue and needs to be handled with a good discussion of the risks, and benefits of the procedure. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon