Lower Part of Gums are Red. Who Should I See? (photo)

It's not the gums, it's below the gums, what can i do to fix it?? Should i see a dentist or periodontist or doctor?? I'm a mouth breather and do get dry mouth and i have gum disease, is it the cause of the problem?

Doctor Answers 2

Periodontist is best to eval gums

Your picture seems to show normal color. The Gums are the lighter pink color attached to the teeth. The part you are referring to is the more red tissue below that. This is called alveolar mucosa and it is a more loose tissue. It is normally more red than the gums.

It is possible that the picture does not show the correct color. If you are worried, then go see a periodontist.

Good luck

Dr. T

Miami Beach Dentist

Who to See to Treat Red Gums

If you know you have gum disease, and you are a mouth breather, you should see a periodontist.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.