Do You Recommend Radiesse in One Cheek? (photo)

My right cheek is more plump then my left cheek! It is definitely noticeable when I smile. (I had silikon 1000 for acne scarring months ago, and most of my scars were on my right side, and when filled, I believe it slightly plumped my cheek- overall happy with treatment). Would you recommend fillers in my left side (apple of cheek) to get some of my symmetry back ? (I would only do non permanent this time, considering Radiesse!)

Doctor Answers 10

Do You Recommend Radiesse in One Cheek?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Applying a filler to the cheek would help with the asymmetry to give a natural balanced look. Seek a reputable certified physician who can provide you with the result you wish to achieve. 

Best of luck 

Radiesse for Cheek

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Facial fillers such as Radiesse can be used to enhance an unbalanced appearance of the face.  Almost any filler can be used in the cheek area.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

Nonsurgical Cheek Augmentation Is An Excellent Approach For Facial Sculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Nonsurgical cheek augmentation with volumizing fillers is a rapid and excellent way to improve the upper mid face region without the need for invasive surgery and significant downtime and it is certainly a method for improving facial symmetry when there is obvious asymmetry as in this instance.   In most cases, the procedure may be completed in no more than twenty minutes with immediate return to work or social activities. Nonsurgical augmentation with volumizing fillers has the additional benefit of being able to modified in accordance with age-related changes in the area.

For nonsurgically augmenting cheeks, I prefer to use Radiesse or Radiesse combined with Perlane L. I rely on these agents for these purposes in my Upper East Side New York City practice. In Israel, where I have a satellite office and where a far greater number of more robust volumizing fillers are available, I prefer to use Juvederm Voluma or Stylage XXL, either alone or in combination with Radiesse or Restylane SubQ..

Nelson Lee Novick, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 33 reviews

Do You Recommend Radiesse in One Cheek?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Although, it's best to evaluate cheek shape when not smiling...the left cheek is more flat than the right when smiling.  You certainly could have a temporary filler just to the left cheek (I prefer using perlane for cheeks) to improve the cheeks shape aesthetically.  Radiesse is a bit too lumpy for cheek augmentation in my patient population. 

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Radiesse for facial sculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Radiesse can be an excellent volumizer to correct facial asymmetry or to lift cheeks, if placed properly. In the situation you mentioned, and in the correct hands, it can be as good or superior to other hyaluronic acid fillers mentioned (e.g. Restylane, Juvederm or Perlane) because it lasts longer and has a greater lifting capacity than the others. The most important thing is to have an injector with the experience to place it correctly and suggest the proper filler for your situation. Good luck.

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse to even asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Radiesse can be a great volumizing option for facial assymetry in the cheeks. If you are in the LA area, our team of physicians would love to help. Best of luck!

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS - Account Suspended
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse in one cheek?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It would be important to see a picture of your face which shows both cheeks when you are not smiling.  From the pictures you provided, I cannot say if you would be a good candidate for Radiesse (or another filler) for your left cheek.  If there is a difference between cheeks when you are not smiling, I would say that you most likely would be a good candidate for treatment to the left cheek.  Radiesse could definitely be used and there are other options as well, such as Sculptra.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Filler in cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Adding filler to one cheek to account for asymmetry is certainly reasonable. This will achieve a more even look. Juvederm or Perlane would be your best options. 

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler to one cheek only

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I agree with Dr. Weiner on this case specifically. I would not use Radiesse but would use Restylane or Perlane to create symmetry because it can be taken out if you simply don't like it. Radiesse will last until it's gone and I never like to use that on people or in places where someone hasn't had filler before. If they don't like it, it has to stay. And since you already have a slight asymmetry problem, this could create more issues if you don't like the new filler added. The other thing I would be concerned about is that you say you can only see the asymmetry when you smile. But we don't have a straight-on photo to compare. However, if this is the case, filling in the left side with filler IS going to create asymmetry when you're not smiling..... so, you need to weigh the pros and cons here. I'm ultimately not sure adding filler to even out your asymmetry when you smile will create a great look when you're not smiling.

I'm 50:50 on this one. Right cheek looks too big, do you add to left to make symmetric?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I can see your problem from the pictures.  Do you overfill both sides to get symmetric?  If you wanted to see how it would look, I'd go with Perlane or Restylane, so it can be erased with hyaluronidase if you don't like it.   Video shows cheek injection with Restylane.  Steve Weiner, MD Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.