Puffy Nipples On 27 Y/O Male. What Do You Recommend? (photo)

I'm a 27 year old male with very puffy nipples. I know there's surgery that can reduce tissue under the nipples to flatten them. However, when my nipples get erected (e.g. from low temperature) they lose all the soft puffiness, reduce significantly in size, somewhat flatten and become hard. To constantly have them that way, perhaps combined with surgery to make them even more flatten, would be ideal. I know a lot of women get that after breast surgery, could something similar work for me?

Doctor Answers 4

Puffy nipple reduction

This may only be corrected with surgery.

To treat puffy nipples, you may need excision. This would be done by making an incision  around the  areola to remove excess tissue. This could work for you.

However, please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to determine whether this procedure is suitable for you.

Toronto Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 176 reviews

Puffy male nipples

Sometimes the puffiness can be breast tissue, sometime this can be fat.  The breast tissue will be difficult to sculpt with just lipo and may require an excision.  An examination by a plastic surgeon would be the way to get the best advice.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Laserlipo is the best solution

I think in your situation the best alternative for treatment  without any scars is laserlipo.

Alper Tuncel, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon


It is difficult to give a full answer from looking a one photo and not a direct in person examination.  I have many male patients with a similar concern.  I perform a surgery to remove the breast tissue under the nipple and areola complex.  This will help take away the projection and female appearing breast.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Jay H. Ross, MD, FACS
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.