Procedure to Fix my Uneven Breasts Without Implants?

Hello! I'm a 21 year old girl who is pretty fed up with having uneven breasts. My left breast is about a 34D, while my right looks like it could be a B cup at best. Since I've heard breasts are pretty much done growing by age 21, I'm trying to look for an alternative. What would be a procedure I could use where I don't have to get implants, but can still keep a relatively good size, if at all possible? If implants are a must, I'll get them, but right now I guess I'm trying to keep costs low.

Breasts uneven

Thanks for the question.  Two options: either an implant on the right to even it out, or a small reduction/lift on the left to even that out.  Or you could combine the two procedures all depending on the size you want to be.  You could also consider fat transfer to the right breast to add volume if you have enough fat on your body to do that.  Good Luck

P.S. RealSelf has a button called the “Follow” button.  It is similar to the "Like" button on Facebook. If you like my response or any of the doctor responses while you research on Realself, you should "Follow" them. You will get email updates, when the doctors you follow post any new answers to questions, post new photos, or have any new review

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Asymmetrical breasts

You have 2 options to achieve symmetrical breast shape and size:1. Add an implant to the smaller breast so it is the same size as the larger breast2. Breast reduction to the larger breast so that it reduces to the same size as your smaller breastThere is not a long-term non-surgical option that will give you the results you are looking for. I know you do not want an implant right now, however you did mention you want to maintain a relatively good size, so the way to achieve that would be with implants. At this point I recommend you consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can learn more about both options and decide which option is best for you. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Uneven breasts...

Keep in mind that your breasts are sisters - not twins.  No two breasts are the same either before or after surgery.  That being said you can either increase the size of the smaller breast or reduce the size of the larger breast.  The easiest option would be to reduce the size of the larger breast.  But this is a starting point for a larger/longer discussion.
best of luck!

FIXING UNEVEN BREAST WITHOUT IMPLANTS

Yes can fix uneven breasts with a breast lift. Correction of asymmetrical breasts may require several techniques including Liposuction , Fat Grafting a Breast Lift operation and sometimes adding Breast Implants. For minimal unevenness there are several suture suspension techniques that appear promising.. Alternatively non invasive ultrasound and radio frequency treatments may be beneficial .
A surgical Mastopexy procedure raises the breast by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding breast glandular tissues. This can rejuvenate your figure with a more youthful breast shape .. But it is important to know that a breast lift procedure will tend to settle with age and gradually loose its original projection and fullness over time .

Best regards,
                       Marvin F. Shienbaum, MD

Procedure to fix uneven breasts without implants?

Thank you for your question.  The first step is to determine which breast you prefer, the larger or the smaller breast.  If you like the smaller breast and would like to avoid an implant, you might be a candidate for a reduction of the larger breast to try to match the smaller breast in size.  If you like the larger size breast, an implant would be a great option but if you are against having a breast augmentation you may want to consider a fat grafting procedure.  I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in breast-related procedures. 

Treating Uneven Breasts without Using Implants

While it is not talked about very often, asymmetric breasts are quite common. In a patient with breast ptosis (sagging), a lift can be used on the larger side to bring better symmetry in the appearance of the breasts. In cases where a large discrepency exists in size and shape, and a lift will not achieve the desired results, a staged procedure with fat grafting (fat transfer from another area of the body) to the breasts can be utilized. And though you do not seem interested in adding implants, they can be very helpful to achieve symmetry in dimension, upper pole fullness and overall volume of both breasts.

Breast reduction to even out asymmetry

To achieve better symmetry of your breasts without implants, you can choose to get a breast reduction. This would decrease the larger breast so that is closer in size to the smaller breast. However, if you prefer to be larger, than an implant in the smaller breast would be your alternative.

Asymmetry

You need to determine which breast you like better in terms of size.If you are against the idea of implants then the best option is a small reduction with a lift on he larger left Breast will give you move symmetry

Breast asymmetry options

Thank you for your question. Breast asymmetry is very common, particularly size asymmetry. If you are looking to decrease the asymmetry from one breast to another, then you have several options.
1) You can reduce the larger breast with liposuction
2) You can enlarge the smaller one with fat grafting or an implant
3) You can enlarge both but use different size implants
I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options in more detail.

Breast asymmetry options

Thank you for your question.Given your degree of asymmetry you are first going to need to determine which breast you like better in terms of size.If you like the larger breast, you will need an implant in the right breast to better match the left.If you are against the idea of implants, then this option will not work for you.If you like the right breast better, you will need a reduction on your left to match.If you wanted to get the absolute best result and you were a patient of mine, I would probably recommend operating on both of your breasts because of the asymmetry of your nipple position as well as the breast size/ shape.I would perform a lift/reduction on the left to get your nipple into a better position and decrease the size a little bit.We would also perform a mastopexy (lift) augmentation on the right to increase the size to match the left and correct the nipple position.The good news is you have several options and it depends on what side (size) you prefer, if the asymmetry of your nipple position bothers you and if you are willing to use an implant.You must also have a consultation and be examined to determine if indeed you are a good candidate which you do appear to be in the pictures.Good luck to you.