What is the best way to get rid of PIH after Fraxel dual for brown skin?

I had a fraxel treatment done on my cheeks four weeks ago. I started to notice PIH after 2nd week of treatment. I went back to my dermatologist and she prescribed me Obagi clear. It seems like the PIH is getting darker and darker every single day and it's very depressing. Make up does not cover it either.

Multiple ways

1. Time
2. Sunscreen ++++ Spf 50 at least twice a day
3. Use HQ 5-7 %, nightly if tolerated
4. Option for gentle chemical peels
5. Option for gentle QSL Q switch lasers
6. Option for Picosure FOCUS- start with 8 mm, down to 6 mm. Multiple treatments. 

This will take time to settle. 

All the best

DR Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist, 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel and Brown Skin

Fraxel is a great laser but should not be used on patients who have type IV skin.  Please consult an expert for bleaching creams and the proper skin care treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation From Lasers -- Skin Lightening, Light Peels, microsecond YAG

I suggest seeing an expert for treatment.  This requires aggressive sun protection and lightening creams.  Best, Dr. Emer.

PIH

At our clinic we typically recommend a compounding prescription of Retin A 0.05% with hydroquinone 5% at night and an additional 5% hydroquinone in the am. If there is no response then we increase to 0.1% Retin A and 8% Hydroquinone in the evening. I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist to prescribe you a bleaching cream for these areas of concern.  

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

PIH on darker skin after laser

This is treated with hydroquinone, at least 4% and Retin A. If no improvements are noted after a few weeks, go up to 6% hydroquinone.

Steven F. Weiner, MD