Masterbation after Breast Augmentation?

was wondering if playing with myself (nothing involving the breast) is okay after getting a BA? One week post op, I'm very sexually active but since me and my boyfriend can't have intercourse at the moment I was wondering if I can just please myself for now or would it effect anything? Like my heart rate/ blood pressure possibly going up?

Masterbation after Breast Augmentation

I can't imagine that you would really cause any problems. I also do consider that sexual activity does increase the heart rate. Whether that really translates to a bleeding problem or not I can not tell you. It is the reason why we do not like people to exercise the first couple of weeks. Bleeding is what I most consider. 

Can I participate in sex following breast augmentation?

Thanks so much for your question. It's fine to be sexually active, you just don't want to to anything fo the first couple of weeks where you increase your blood pressures significantly.  Just be careful for the first 3 weeks then everything can be more normal in terms of sex. 

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Masturbation after breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question!  I usually allow my patients to resume sexual activity whenever they feel comfortable.  I can not conceive anything that could possibly happen, I think, that could cause any adverse event.  Certainly, I would discuss any specific questions or concerns with your surgeon.  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD