What are the possible negative side effects of the INFINI treatment? (Photo)

What are the possible negative consequences or side effects of the INFINI microneedling treatment? I was originally going to do Fraxel Dual but decided against it after reading all of the horror stories on this site. INFINI doesn't seem to have these horror stories. Hopefully that is because it has a much safer side effect profile and not because it is a newer product.

Infini RF questions

In our experience, complications or negative side effects are remarkably low with the Infini RF treatments.  This of course assumes that the patient selection is appropriate and the settings and technique are done by a professional with proper training and credentials.  It also has been our experience that pre treating the skin with a balanced medical skincare regimen will also optimize the response to Infini as well as reduce the possibility of any side effects.  Problems such as hyperpigmentation which can be frustrating with laser treatment in darker skin types are not typically seen with Infini treatments.

Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scars - Infini

I am going to agree with my good friend Dr. Steven Weiner. In 2015, Infini is the best treatment overall for acne scars. Other adjunctive treatments as outlined by Dr. Emer are very useful as well but Infini is currently my go to device for acne scars. Side effect profile is minimal

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Infini is better than lasers

The Infini is becoming accepted by derms as the best device for acne scars. The risks are prolonged swelling and redness for a few days. Herpetic outbreak if you are prone to cold sores and not adequately prophylaxed with Valtrex. It is an extremely safe procedure. Darker skin types are not at hyperpigmentation risk. There is no wound care or activity/sun restrictions. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Grids, tracks,

Like any other stamping or fractional device- Dermapen, rolling, needling, fractional lasers etc... grids can occur. This is because of the needles that enter your skin in a sequential manner. The needles are v  v fine (1/5 mm). 
Grids are normal, and fade within a few days. 

I have seen longer lasting grids/ patterning- this usually occurs on the neck, but fades within a month or two. INFINI is a much safer treatment when it comes to PIH or skin darkening. The insulated needles of INFINI ensures that the upper layer of skin is protected, and delivers the energy to the deeper dermal layers- up to 3.5 mm deep. 

Overall a very safe treatment. 

Dr Davin Lim 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser/Radiofrequency, Fillers Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Sublative or Viva or Infini to improve the scars and give long term collagen production.  Radiofrequency devices like Infini have very little risk to pigmentation as they are color blind.  Fractional laser if done by a well trained professional give similar results.  There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars

There are multiple methods to treat acne scars. Few are well established procedures with predictable percentage of improvement.
Carbon Dioxide laser resurfacing remains the gold standard. Subcision, excision are other adjuncts.
Do your homework before you waste your money